By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why All The PS3 Hate?

3rd place always gets the piss, that's the way it goes.

Around the Network

@blazinhead89: Where did I say the article is rubbish? Am I not allowed to take points of the article and respond to them? Do I have to write a whole thesis discussing each sentence the article contains?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

TheBigFatJ said:
How is Resistance 2 a must have title? It's not anywhere close to Gears 2.

Who the hell mentioned Gears2? Have you played R2?

ZenfoldorVGI said:
NJ5 said:
The only reason the console costs so much is because Sony made a command decision to push Blu-Ray at the cost and expense of gamers.

I'm sure they're happy with their decision. It helped to introduce Blu-Ray.

Well, I'm not sure they're happy. It sank the games division into unprofitability and devalued the Playstation brand by helping put it in third place in the console war. Perhaps a part of Sony is happy about it, but not all of Sony is.

I'm sure they're happy. They don't "care" about "how" they make money. They would sink that whole division to make BR the next DVD. It would be better for them in the long run, so that's what they took a chance at. Push BR at the expense of Playstation.

That was simply shortsightedness. It seems to me that they thought BR was actually extra added value like DVD on ps2. Just didn't work out this time with the pricepoint. They really got careless after selling 100mil consles 2x consecutively. Like I said, past mistakes can't be changed but the future can be salvaged

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

all the others are very bitter towards Sony because their favorite console(s) never cracked the 100million hardware sales mark(never even got close to it lol)
with that being said,the same ppl are happy the PS3 is a bit behind...now they finally get their satisfaction...they go on saying PS3 is doomed/dead and will end up in last place......

but little did they know,the PS3 made it this far with a high price tag...that alone says something...i mean $600/$500/$400 consoles shouldn't even get pass 10 million units

Around the Network

People hate everything. They might not even know it, but they really dislike it (it can be many things here).

It is in the nature of mankind. If something does as well as you expect, you aren't a huge fan, but rather pretty subtle. If it does bad, you (as in one) try to cover up that you really liked it (assuming you liked it). If it does well, you've always loved it.

Just think about football (soccer) teams. It's pretty much exactly how (most, of course not the core supporters)people act. Probably works with Baseball/American Football for the American people too.

So as the Ps3 does badly, people who were subtle when they disliked it, went out and stated their "anger" with it. People need to tell it, as, since they have sort of been keeping it in, need to burst it out. It doesn't help that there's already a thread on the subject.

Remember that this happened to the Wii in 06/07, and the X360 in early 08.

You could say it like this.

Summary of this generation:

04-mid 05 = DS is doomed! PsP will crush it.

06-mid 07 = Wii is doomed!

mid 07 to late 07 = Ps3/PsP is doomed!

Early 08 to late 08 = X360 is doomed!

Late 08 to ??? = Ps3 is doomed!

It happens all the time. You can't stop it, as it is in the human nature. You can control it, but complaining hardly helps.

It should be embarassing to people that they don't see this. Would you rather have it as a conspiracy against the Ps3/X360/Wii?

By the way, I didn't read the article. I read the replies in this post, and I'm not wasting more time than that.

PS: Sorry for sounding so harsh.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

ZenfoldorVGI said:
NJ5 said:
The only reason the console costs so much is because Sony made a command decision to push Blu-Ray at the cost and expense of gamers.

I'm sure they're happy with their decision. It helped to introduce Blu-Ray.

Well, I'm not sure they're happy. It sank the games division into unprofitability and devalued the Playstation brand by helping put it in third place in the console war. Perhaps a part of Sony is happy about it, but not all of Sony is.

I'm sure they're happy. They don't "care" about "how" they make money. They would sink that whole division to make BR the next DVD. It would be better for them in the long run, so that's what they took a chance at. Push BR at the expense of Playstation.

I haven't yet seen any proof that BR will recoup them the losses taken on the PS3 due to BR, plus the losses to the Playstation brand which is now weaker as a result. I'm certainly not convinced that Sony is happy with the current situation, in fact I'd bet on the opposite.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
@blazinhead89: Where did I say the article is rubbish? Am I not allowed to take points of the article and respond to them? Do I have to write a whole thesis discussing each sentence the article contains?

You a thesis? LOL, The point that your getting as is that your trying to shred/disprove the points you don't agree with so it makes it look like the article is full of nonsense amd unreliable. I Don't see you Shred through and try and disprove positive News for Microsoft and Nintendo. Why all the hate?

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Another stupid thing about the article is when he said this:

Metal Gear Solid 4, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted and Resistance 2 are all MUST HAVE TITLES.

If this guys track record proves he isn't a fanboy, then his Sony fanboy son must've got ahold of his blog password.

Seems to me that he was just making a point against those who say there are no games worth owning on ps3.

I won't consider Halo, Gears, Mario, MKWii and SSBB must-have titles, I must not be human. The definition of must-have titles is entirely subjective so the term really shouldn't be thrown around like it is.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

@Oyvoy

Good post....amidst all this level of uncertainty surrounding the PS3, do you think the system will at least manage around 50 million by the end of this generation? (assuming that´s in December 2012)