By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo and the Hardcore gamer keeping a promise?

steven787 said:
It's really different for everyone. Mine had more to do with first party sales of more traditional titles. If I were to make a list of games I considered good, it would be different. I like training games. I like to think that a game is any activity that is done as a diversion (m-w.com), so I don't personally get bent on hardcore or not hardcore. My thread is really trying to reassure old time nintendo fans that they aren't losing their favorite games...

Oh, btw, Nintendo has been making non-traditional games for a long time. In fact most of the reason why Nintendo has so much money is because they have always made new things, things that either people want or Nintendo helped to realize that they wanted. If you look at the history of Nintendo, you will see fans were/are always afraid of N's direction.

3D Mario, 3D Zelda,

Game about taking care of pet dogs,

Mario dressing up as a racoon

Mario riding around on the back of a baby dinosaur.

Baby mario on Yoshi's back,

Alien Flower herders,

Cleaning Robot Butler Simulator,

Kart Racing, Hover car racing,

Custom track builder,

Game where a plumber (who used to be a carpenter fighting an ape) saves the mushroom people by fighting a dragon and eating non-sentient mushrooms.

Game where you show other people your "Pocket Monster".

LOL

Thanks that made me Lol'd

=DD

Around the Network
steven787 said:

I know they are worried about after these games, but there are plenty of more cash-in solid franchises.  Wave Race, Mother/Earthbound, Star Fox, Donkey Kong, Mario v. Donkey Kong (which I would love to see on Wii btw), Chibi Robo, Custom Robo, Advanced Wars, Puzzle League, Golden Sun (Camelot RPG?), Monolith Games, Retro moving on post Prime, Mario Sports, Elite Beat Agents Wii.

EDIT: Forgot Kid Icarus, FZero, Luigi's Mansion.

Eh, I'm STILL waiting for Earthbound 3 to be released in America.  They snuck it out for Gamboy Advance in Japan and for whatever reason never released it here despite the number of fanatics that game has.

grandmaster192 said:
The number of "Hardcore" games on the Wii isn't the problem; it's the Wii lack of ability to play them right. The Wii just isn't made for those type of games. It doesn't have the proper amount of buttons or the 2nd analog that it takes to play the game right...

I have some kind of same opinion like you. Their are still games that doesn't feel to work good with the Wii and some games doesn't feel/or look so well to play on the Wii like Fifa, FPS.

Red steel, COD 3 were a hell to play with the wii controls but hey I call you stupid if you buy the 
wii for FPS games and soccer games. 

I think we'll be getting Goddess of Dawn this year because Path of Radiance came out around October 2005 after hitting Japan close to the same time GoD came out there (I hope that's easy to decipher o.0).

Then again, if it's released in November or so, it'll be completely overshadowed by Mario Galaxy. I would buy Goddess of Dawn first...I just love Fire Emblem games. Galaxy can wait.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

For a while I was worried that Nintendo had forgotten the hardcore gamer. Now I believe its simply not true. Between the games coming out for Wii and all the virtual console games, I might actally abandon my plan to get a 360.

Around the Network
grandmaster192 said:
The number of "Hardcore" games on the Wii isn't the problem; it's the Wii-motes lack of ability to play them right. The Wii-mote just isn't made for those type of games. It doesn't have the proper amount of buttons or the 2nd analog that it takes to play the game right...

I see this all the time, you are confusing hardcore gaming with elitist self absorbed self-righteous conesieur gaming (you know the comic book guy from the Simpsons).

When you play a game part of the challenge, and the fun, are the limits and the possibilities  of the control method.  With each progression in control you lose some and gain some.

Paddle to Joystick = four directions but at the loss of accuracy on 1 dimension. More fun?

Joystick to control pad = real or simulated eight direction movement,  loss of accuracy on 2 dimension. More fun?

Control pad to Analog Stick/Control pad or Dual Analog =  Given the ability to move in 3d space, not as good as a keyboard and mouse. More fun?

Dual Analog to One Analog/Control Pad/Two Motion Sensing Units/IRpointer = Ability to Move, Lean, Aim, Change Modes/ Do actions faster than ever before with out the need for buttons, but can't turn around fast, losing the ease of accuracy for closer to realworld accuracy, takes a while getting used to it.

Almost every one I know that says Red Steel absolutely has no reedeming values played it only at launch...  9 months later, now that I have all this wiimote experience I can go back and relize about half of my original complaints were my fault (i.e. sucking at the game).  What's funny is now that I go it down, my complaint is the RS was toned down way to much for the fact that they knew people were going to have control issues.  FPS have an advanced control method for Wii just as they do for Dual Analog systems.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

grandmaster192 said:
The number of "Hardcore" games on the Wii isn't the problem; it's the Wii-motes lack of ability to play them right. The Wii-mote just isn't made for those type of games. It doesn't have the proper amount of buttons or the 2nd analog that it takes to play the game right...

I bet u, won't be saying that in about a years time. Nintendo, simplified their control scheme with the wiimote, not to make games easier, but to make them more accessible. Simple controls does not mean a easy game . PHantom hour glass say "hello". pure touch screen heaven mate. It's really up to nintendo to show and prove their vision, because a lot of gamers/developers just don't get it. sad really