By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sony has Singstar & MS has Lips. When will we see a Wii Sing?

I think their is a really strong install base on Wii that would be interested in a good

karaoke game. Considering the fact that Nintendo is opening up the SD card slot and Sony

and Microsoft have their own succesful games, do you think the big N will realese a

Wii singing game in the near future?

Around the Network

http://kotaku.com/5108095/wii-karaoke-game-will-destroy-japanese-sales-charts

alekth said:

I think he meant a Nintendo developed game. Joysound is developed by Hudson. I don't know who the publisher is, but I'm assuming them also. There actually are a few Karaoke games on the Wii I believe. Didn't the American Idol series make it there? Plus Rock Band and Guitar Hero have it in there.

I guess a good question would be, how would Nintendo make such a game stand out, i.e. Nintendoize it?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
alekth said:

I think he meant a Nintendo developed game. Joysound is developed by Hudson. I don't know who the publisher is, but I'm assuming them also. There actually are a few Karaoke games on the Wii I believe. Didn't the American Idol series make it there? Plus Rock Band and Guitar Hero have it in there.

I guess a good question would be, how would Nintendo make such a game stand out, i.e. Nintendoize it?

This.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

WelOnyxmeth said:
alekth said:

Well actually I think the joysound is it.. Joysound is popular in Japan and this Wii version is supported by Mii's
I don't see Nintendo making a karaoke game.. 1. I don't see them willing to pay for licensed songs 2. I don't see Nintendo making a karoake game any better.. gameplay wise it's a the top.. I think nintendo knows that too.. 3. Well the Mii's in Joysound..

So no Wii Sing..

but a karaoke game with Wii music & DDR.... Wii Sing, Dance & make Music... :)

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
WelOnyxmeth said:
alekth said:

Well actually I think the joysound is it.. Joysound is popular in Japan and this Wii version is supported by Mii's
I don't see Nintendo making a karaoke game.. 1. I don't see them willing to pay for licensed songs 2. I don't see Nintendo making a karoake game any better.. gameplay wise it's a the top.. I think nintendo knows that too.. 3. Well the Mii's in Joysound..

So no Wii Sing..

but a karaoke game with Wii music & DDR.... Wii Sing, Dance & make Music... :)

Ok. I didn't know Miis were in the game. For some reason the trailer didn't show that at all. They showed some stylized blue cats and some other animals on screen though.

I think it still begs the question, should Nintendo try something like this outside of Japan? Obviously Joysound cannot be released as is, so what would be the best way to go about it, if at all?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I don´t think Joysound would sell well outside Japan. Will someone step up and deliver a karoke game for the western public?

Well the thing with joysound is.. is that you get an entire collection of songs with already paid for licenses.. ( 1000 new songs are released every month to be downloaded  streamed from a collection of 30.000 or so say the trailer..my Japanse is a bit rusty) So unless there is a company like Joysound in the West (which I doubt for Europe = too many countries... maybe in America) I don't see Nintendo doing it themselfs... Licenses are just a pain in the ass...

btw.. Joysound Wii will be huge.. in Japan..

Karaoke games don't sell well in Japan.

konnichiwa said:
Karaoke games don't sell well in Japan.

Well but this is joysound...

a streaming karaoke service with a collection of 30.000 songs and 1000 new songs every month... it's not just a karaoke game with 30 songs on a disc...