By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - About Wii's graphics and "The Wii can do better" saying...

yushire said:
Batman...WTF? said:
yushire said:
Batman...WTF? said:
It can do better though. Not like 360 or Ps3 good, but it can do much better the COD:WaW. COD3 looked better in my opinion. But whatever, hopefully 3rd party companies will follow High Voltage's example with The Conduit and make better graphics.

COD 3 have good graphics? I've seen it in X Play before, not really good it looks like a average PS2 game.

Maybe I'm remembering it in incorrectly. But I do remember better looking clothes, light, and some buildings. I mean, when you have to kill on of the Bonzai guys in WaW, the graphics on him look HORRIBLE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTrFGyqV6Fw

You mean this? actually, even Im astonished about the  detail and the graphics of that one, its like COD 4 engine on the Wii but thats only in one stage. It seem Treyarch dont care anymore and became lazy and just port the other stages in PS2 engine. 

No, I think they did the same on the rest. Where they got lazy was on COD:5. They look mediocre.

Around the Network

Now I think about it, if that graphics wasnt on the Wii then COD 3 have bad engine -_-

That engine can easily ported on the Wii with added effects if developers are trying.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Batman...WTF? said:

No, I think they did the same on the rest. Where they got lazy was on COD:5. They look mediocre.

You mean the Wii version? Well you cant blame them, seem the game was rushed and gimped. Its still a good shooter though and good lighting Im buying it just to see the detailed graphics in singleplayer again and again.

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

For years developers were able to produce amazing games for the PS2 in spite of its modest capabilities, and now can't seem to be able to create a game worth playing on the Wii even though it is noticeably superior in (practically) every way. What this tells me is the problems with games like Call of Duty have far more to do with the developer than they have to do with the Wii's hardware ...

It always takes time to get used to something. But as HappySqurriel stated I see the Problem with the developers. Maybe it's really this quick cash-in mentallity, I don't know. But everyone looks different at things... It's like disaster - day of crisis. Many People and Reviewers stated that the graphics are very dated, weak, whatever. I just love it. Some parts really look weaker than others but there is so much atmosphere and really good effects (imo) and in most parts the graphics are really good... Not as high as they could be... but really good... But maybe that's just me not being a graphic-whore... I don't know... We will see a lot of good graphics in the future I believe. This is just the beginning... And I can't say I need more... But I am happy if I will have some more "omg-beautiful"-moments like I had with Disaster :) btw go and buy it if you can... I want high sales = sequel :)

And I have to agree in some way with Nintendo: Graphics were close to enough last gen. Like REmake, beyond good & evil etc. There is always more as can be seen but I'd rather have a 20 hour game with that graphics than a 4 hour game which took 5 years to develop... But again that's just me (I even didn't like the praised heavy rain graphics so far... feels like somtehing is missing... anyway, may change...)

I am sure that we will have the time that multiplat titles will look great on ps3/xbox360 and as good as on a normal pc (don't know... 800x600 stable resolution to compare) on Wii. I'm not asking for CGI-Quality ingame graphics... just for some effort from developers...

Man I wrote too much, hope I didn't get lost in my writing without saying something on topic ^^

“And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head.” -Terry Pratchett

www.lost-acres.de

Around the Network

well I don't think that it can achieve HD like graphics of course. But I do think that it cam do things much better than now. Heck even some Gamecube games look better.

I do think that companies are just a bit lazy on that side.

Melistrius said:

And I have to agree in some way with Nintendo: Graphics were close to enough last gen. Like REmake, beyond good & evil etc. There is always more as can be seen but I'd rather have a 20 hour game with that graphics than a 4 hour game which took 5 years to develop... But again that's just me (I even didn't like the praised heavy rain graphics so far... feels like somtehing is missing... anyway, may change...)

I

I think the Wii can do better than GC and Xbox combined, but because of high costs most third parties stick to previous engines used. Even De Blob using the previous engines that used in PS2 versions but because of the artstyle you didnt noticed the technical specs.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

yushire said:
Batman...WTF? said:

You mean the Wii version? Well you cant blame them, seem the game was rushed and gimped. Its still a good shooter though and good lighting Im buying it just to see the detailed graphics in singleplayer again and again.

It's a great game, but it's just got bad graphics. But, graphics don't make or break a game, number 1 rule in my book of gaming.

Batman...WTF? said:
yushire said:

It's a great game, but it's just got bad graphics. But, graphics don't make or break a game, number 1 rule in my book of gaming.

it really dont have bad graphics though, its actually good for a Wii game only gimped though Activision actually considering COD to be franchise on the Wii besides PS360 and PC versions. If you take viper1 for the account and he have credibility, since he talk for the PR of Activision and Infinity Ward hiring developers for COD 4 engine for the Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out