By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 60g PS3 still at a very high level of availability

http://www.itrackr.com/details.aspx?pid=5 

itrackr says 94% now.  I would have thought that this would have been a little lower (mabey 85%) by now, but it looks like there are still a lot of 60g's around.

Sales have been declining quickly since the recent price drop of the 60g in america.  I thought that this was b/c of retailers getting low on numbers of this model but that isn't so apparantly.  38K PS3s were sold this last week in America, and next week we will be looking at 35K or 34K.  Even with a $100 price drop, consumers still aren't that enthusiastic about purchasing a PS3. 

Around the Network

They aren't releasing the 80GB after the 60GB is gone they are just releasing it I believe they did it a few days ago or if they haven't they will soon as for any excess 60GB I'd guess there are probably 6 million or so 60GB consoles a few weeks of 100k sales aren't going to eliminate those in 4 weeks I'd say the 60GB are around at least until the holidays.

The 80gb has already been released.

As for the 60GB, it's obvious that their are still alot of them out there. The PS3 sales clearly show that, they are about 1.5mil shy of having 60GB shortages which won't be happening anytime soon.

""""""Even with a $100 price drop, consumers still aren't that enthusiastic about purchasing a PS3.  """""""""

==> because it still costs 500 euros and there is still no game.

I think the 100$ pcire drop was particularly well received. and was a good marketing move for Sony allowing them to steal the Juilet month from Microsoft in NA.

Time to Work !

libellule said:

""""""Even with a $100 price drop, consumers still aren't that enthusiastic about purchasing a PS3.  """""""""

I think the 100$ pcire drop was particularly well received. and was a good marketing move for Sony allowing them to steal the Juilet month from Microsoft in NA.

Well, we had a big jump in sales at one point, from 17K to about 42K.  But, again, the sales have dropped rapidly since then, implying that they will drop to some lower level ( mabey 30K ? ) and flatten out at that point.  I wouldn't say that 30K would be *that good* but that's just my opinion.

Around the Network

Of course they have a lot left ,they indicated by end march that they had 5.5 million shipped ,and they produced some 3 months more worth of 60gb machines so there could be as high as 7.25 million produced ...the sales right now are 4.10-4.25 million so they may have as much as 2.9-3 million left .Right now they are selling some 100-110K weekly so the machines could last until the holidays .

libellule said:

""""""Even with a $100 price drop, consumers still aren't that enthusiastic about purchasing a PS3. """""""""

I agree to some extent, but remember that this move has already cost Sony approximately 20 million dollars, and is likely to cost them tens of millions more over the coming months. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva, at what level of sales do you think that the PS3 will average out at this month?

dallas said:
Bodhesatva, at what level of sales do you think that the PS3 will average out at this month?

I expect the average weekly sales to be about 100k

Also I think it will sell 340k this month WW.

mM
Diomedes1976 said:
Of course they have a lot left ,they indicated by end march that they had 5.5 million shipped ,and they produced some 3 months more worth of 60gb machines so there could be as high as 7.25 million produced ...the sales right now are 4.10-4.25 million so they may have as much as 2.9-3 million left .Right now they are selling some 100-110K weekly so the machines could last until the holidays .

Those 5.5 million are worldwide.  There should be less than that for the US. They might run out sooner.