By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 60g PS3 still at a very high level of availability

Not that it isn't true, but iTrackr is really really bad, they don't update for weeks at a time now, it's been pretty dead for about 4-5 months.

Around the Network
dallas said:
Bodhesatva, at what level of sales do you think that the PS3 will average out at this month?

Geez, good question.

In America, I think it will stabilize where it is right now, approximately 35-40k. The effect of the price drop is wearing off, however Madden comes out next week and other games come out in early September.

In Europe I expect a slight increase next week, followed by very moderate drops the next two weeks afterwards.

I expect it to continue dropping in Japan, back to perhaps 15-18k by the end of the month.

Worldwide, I expect about 100k consoles to sell per week for the next 3 weeks, on average. I'd put it in the 90-110k window. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

itrackr is never right... it says 0/2 retailers in my area has no Wiis. Well.. it doesnt count Walmart as a retailer which makes no sense as they have Wiis but Circuit City has 2 Wii's left (got 10 in sold 8 in 4 days)

PS3 sales are only slowing because of lack of games, wait till the 28th. Thinks are going to change.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Why would anyone buy the 80Gig PS3??

You pay $100(US) extra for 20 Gb, and a game that you could pick up for $40 without trying too hard.

The 60Gig won't sell out anytime soon, and the release of the 80Gig model won't make any difference. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:

Why would anyone buy the 80Gig PS3??

You pay $100(US) extra for 20 Gb, and a game that you could pick up for $40 without trying too hard.

The 60Gig won't sell out anytime soon, and the release of the 80Gig model won't make any difference.

some people would, I got 24/30 yeses for my review on amazon for the 80GB, someone might have bought one or the 60GB because of it. 

I figure the 80GB is selling decently well because its a better deal then the 60GB was at launch. You get a game instead of a half-baked version of a movie.

I think the 80GB will sell ok till the 60GB is sold out. Of course the 60GB will sell way way better. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453