By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Wii apparently has outsold both console versions of GTA IV.

GTA IV (360) - 6.47

GTA IV (PS3) - 5.12

Total - 11.59

Mario Kart Wii - 11.93

We don't have info on the PC version of IV, so it's not counted.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Expected. GTA IV is overrated and these sales prove it.

GTa4 is definately fun, but it sure as hell doesnt deserve a 98 ranking on Metacritic.

Voltaire said:
GTa4 is definately fun, but it sure as hell doesnt deserve a 98 ranking on Metacritic.

I played most of the way through GTA 4 and I would have given it maybe a 7/10. It was plagued with bugs and while it was fun at first, it was pretty lame that the primary mechanics of the game (driving and the cover mechanic) were poorly implemented. Driving was especially poor.

As you approached the end, most missions were the same. Go somewhere, shoot your way out. Man, I had a lot better shooting experiences in Gears of War. Why would I want to do this? Because I'm supposedly shooting my way out with a few kilograms of coke? Whatever, the shooting still sucks compared to many other games I've played, why waste my time with this?

Someone on this forum said that Halo 3 and GTA 4 on the Xbox 360 will outsell SMG and Mario Kart.  And that gaming has changed and anyone who didn't realize that Halo 3 and GTA 4 would crush them was living in the past.

GTA4 had the huge head start but Mario kart wii blue shelled the lead, truly mkwii is a freak of a game to do this.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
There's justice in this world.

I thought you would have said "There is a God."

You know, considering how you like to steal jokes.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Why? I really don't understand this.

The multiplayer on GTA IV is much better.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:

Exactly, you can't spin your vehicles in Mario Kart Wii.

And make them float and dissapear.

RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:

Exactly, you can't spin your vehicles in Mario Kart Wii.

They spin if you run over a banana peel.

So does this mean that GTA IV didn't kill the Wii? I was waiting for that to happen.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger