By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A few quick questions about CoD: WaW Wii.

I'm pretty sure Quantum of Solace is a better game than Red Steel, so go for it.

Around the Network

I'd definitely rent Quantum of Solace first. Average reviews are at 54 right now, with one of the major complaints being the atrocious framerate (that's important for split screen multiplayer, right?).

Give it a shot, if you like it then try to find it cheap somewhere. No need to reward developers for sloppy work.

# of games above 75 on Metacritic (including downloadable):

360: 241     DS: 144

PS3: 152     PSP: 126

Wii: 85

Voltaire said:
Well Red Steel wasnt exactly praised either. Anyway splitscreen is becomeing harder and harder to find in modern games.

Grrr...such an idiotic decision on developers' parts...

mowe said:
I'd definitely rent Quantum of Solace first. Average reviews are at 54 right now, with one of the major complaints being the atrocious framerate (that's important for split screen multiplayer, right?).

Give it a shot, if you like it then try to find it cheap somewhere. No need to reward developers for sloppy work.

dont believe in reviews, and splitscreen multiplayer framerate problems in non-existent, it only happens in singleplayer...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Chrizum said:
Actually, I'd still highly recommend Call of Duty World at War. It's undoubtly the best shooter on the Wii, I'm even pretty sure it's better than The Conduit will be.

I highly doubt this... The Conduit will kill your father, rape your mother, and rape/kill you. :P

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
Around the Network

The Conduit is overhyped anyway, sorry for the fans out there...

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

@Yushire.
Who cares if it's overhyped? I'm 100% sure it will be better than QoS. Not just better reviewed, but better over all--as in, opinion doesn't matter :P lol, jk.

On Topic: WaW is a great game and far better than Quantum of Solace (yes, I've played it, bleh). It's a shame you don't go online, because the game is great and addictive. But if splitscreen multiplayer is that important to you, then I suppose you can rent QoS, but for God's sake don't outright buy it. The Conduit probably won't have splitcreen either, so I hope you don't miss out on it because of that.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

I would advise waiting for Red Steel 2 and the Conduit.

Hyperion said:
@Yushire.
Who cares if it's overhyped? I'm 100% sure it will be better than QoS. Not just better reviewed, but better over all--as in, opinion doesn't matter :P lol, jk.

On Topic: WaW is a great game and far better than Quantum of Solace (yes, I've played it, bleh). It's a shame you don't go online, because the game is great and addictive. But if splitscreen multiplayer is that important to you, then I suppose you can rent QoS, but for God's sake don't outright buy it. The Conduit probably won't have splitcreen either, so I hope you don't miss out on it because of that.

Even the game was on budget or bargain price? :P Im sure its not bad to buy a game such as QoS if its cheap. I mean it is playable after all... I've finished the singleplayer its fun actually...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Actually, I'd buy it for $20 new or used, hehe. I don't really play many FPS and WaW really got me into them, so I would probably buy it if it $20, which is nothing (how much does it go for anyway?).
From what I played of QoS, I wasn't really that interested because I played WaW first. But I would grab it if I saw it in a bargain bin, XD, you got me there, Yushire.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.