By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A few quick questions about CoD: WaW Wii.

I was thinking of buying this game on my Wii so my friends and I could play it together, but I have a few questions about the game.

Does it have splitscreen co-op in story mode? It has 4 player splitscreen multiplayer, right? (It better damn have that)

Also, what different game modes are there for multiplayer?

Around the Network

The game doesn't feature split-screen multiplayer.

What it does have is a 2-payer coop mode, in which one player is the "main player" like you are when playing single player, and the other is on "on rails" mode, in which he can shoot, pick up weapons, change weapons, throw grenades, etc. It's basically a drop-in mode that's pretty fun, but you can't walk through the levels together independently.

The competitive multiplayer is online-only, and done very well.

Chrizum said:

What it does have is a 2-payer coop mode, in which one player is the "main player" like you are when playing single player, and the other is on "on rails" mode, in which he can shoot, pick up weapons, change weapons, throw grenades, etc. It's basically a drop-in mode that's pretty fun, but you can't walk through the levels together independently.

No splitscreen multiplayer? What the hell...

Does any Wii FPS game have splitscreen besides Red Steel?

NO, buy Quantum of Solace Wii instead, it have DEFINITELY have great splitscreen co-op even the graphics are sacrificed for it. I will definitely buy Quantum of Solace Wii instead than COD WAW Wii maybe next month because of the splitscreen mode.

And the maps are suitable for 2-4 players, you wont end up finding your enemies QoS definite buy.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

wfz said:
Chrizum said:

Quantum of Solace has 4 player split-screen and 4-player online.

Far Cry Vengeance has 2-player splitscreen and is a terrible game.

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
wfz said:
Chrizum said:

Quantum of Solace has 4 player split-screen and 4-player online.

Far Cry Vengeance has 2-player splitscreen and is a terrible game.

Like chizrum says, buy Quantum of Solace instead...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Actually, I'd still highly recommend Call of Duty World at War. It's undoubtly the best shooter on the Wii, I'm even pretty sure it's better than The Conduit will be.

Well I probably won't get COD then, since I don't play online very often at all. What I was looking for was something to play with my friends all in the same room. Do the COD developers think we have no real friends? :P

So Quantum of Solace, then? Is it good? Well I have a crapload of fun playing Red Steel with my friends all the time, so my standards aren't exactly high.

Wow IGN gave it a 4.5, maybe I'll rent it first..

Well Red Steel wasnt exactly praised either. Anyway splitscreen is becomeing harder and harder to find in modern games.

But if you want splitscreen FPS on Wii, you basically have to get QoS.