By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Megaman 2 Top 10 Xbox 360 games for 2009!!

There will be some truly amazing games hitting the Xbox 360 in 2009, Xbox 360 owners are in for a treat. Although the ps3 offering in 2009 is stronger imo, the Xbox 360 line up 2009 is to be reckoned with. These are my top 10 games for 09:

10. Forza Motorsport 3 - Release Date: Winter 2009

In the spring of ’08, the cat was let out of the bag that Turn 10, the developer of the Forza series, was in fact in production for creating the third installment. Not much news has been heard since this revelation as Microsoft has kept everyone hush-hush, but we can expect to hear more next year by 2009’s E3 where Microsoft plans to steal the show once again.

What does Forza Motorsport 3 have in store for gamers? For one, it’s rumored that it’ll be a 2-disc set due to a large number of tracks (100) and cars (400) being provided. On top of that, it’s stated that new race modes, such as drag, drift and point-to-point racing are being implemented. Plus, through a survey, it was revealed the Turn 10 is developing a VIP program that would allow gamers who join the ability to receive all download content for free, access to online race events and prizes, more server space for your photos and videos, and much more. We can’t wait to see the details when Microsoft and Turn 10 decide to officially announce this epic racing series next year.

9. Halo Wars - Release Date: March 3rd

Slated for an early March release here in the states, Microsoft’s first attempt at branching out the Halo series into other genres begins with Halo Wars – a strategy-based video game allowing you full control over your units on the battlefield. While it certainly is a departure for the Halo series, it isn’t one for the now defunct Ensemble Studios due to their background with the Age of Empires franchise.

It’s guaranteed that with the Halo name attached to it, Halo Wars will receive a lot of attention from the fans of the Xbox 360, but it’s yet to be seen if the switching of genres will be able to hold over their attention span that usually lasts a short five to eight minutes of gunplay with Halo 3.

8. Street Fighter IV - Release Date: February 17th

Capcom has finally done what many devout gamers have been asking for countless years: the reemergence of the Street Fighter series to claim its rightful thrown as “King of the Fighters” (irony at its best).

With 3D models and backgrounds, Street Fighter IV has a different graphical approach than its predecessors. If you have already played the game in arcades, Capcom is adding in several fighters to beef up the roster including: Cammy, Fei Long, Gen, Rose, Dan and Sakura. In addition, they are also allowing two of the bosses, Seth and Gouken, become playable. All of this is adding up to one dynamic fighter to kick start the year when it releases on February 17.

7. Resident Evil 5 - Release Date: March 13th

Another sequel to a humongous franchise, Capcom is hoping to set the world on fire again with Resident Evil 5. It’s going to be tough to follow up the nearly perfect Resident Evil 4, but if anyone can do it, it’s Capcom.

Adding in cooperative play – available both online and offline – Capcom is attempting to strike gold with the market due to how popular co-op has become over the recent years. If you’ve played the demo released on the Japanese Xbox Live Marketplace, then you should already be aware of how great Resident Evil 5 is looking. If not, we advise you to do so immediately.

6. Dragon Age: Origins - Release Date: Winter 2009

If there’s one developer to put your trust in nowadays it has to be Bioware. Already serving up one Xbox 360 classic – Mass Effect – Bioware is setting up to have Dragon Age: Origins storm the holidays of 2009 with traditional role-playing greatness.

As a “spiritual successor” to one of the all-time great franchises – Baldur’s Gate – Dragon Age has huge shoes to fill. Whether it’s playing as a mage or as a warrior, Dragon Age: Origins is shaping up to be one of 2009’s best RPGs on any console.

5. Halo 3: ODST - Release Date: Fall 2009
As the first – and probably last – expansion to Halo 3, ODST is going to allow gamers to take control of a UNSC Orbital Drop Shock Trooper in the Halo franchise. The storyline of Halo 3: ODST follows the events that lead up to Halo 3, so this title is going to serve as a prequel of sorts to explain what happened between Halo 2 and Halo 3.

As for gameplay, gamers will be able to use stealth within an open world to explore. Players won’t be graced with the super-powered Master Chief this time around, so caution is needed for gamers as they advance throughout the levels. This is bound to be one of the best sellers of 2009, but I fear there will be a lot of backlash if the game isn’t long enough and if the added multiplayer functions aren’t to the liking of the fans.

4. Star Ocean: The Last Hope - Release Date: March 3rd
Microsoft scored a huge exclusive (as of this writing) with Star Ocean: The Last Hope. As one of the premiere and most popular RPGs on any console, Square-Enix and tri-Ace hope to win over Xbox 360 fans with the fourth installment in the Star Ocean series.

Gamers will have the chance to play enter real-time combat with four characters and finally have the ability to pilot the ship provided. If you haven’t seen the game in motion or any screenshots, it’s recommended you so do as soon as possible as Star Ocean: The Last Hope is a breath-taking RPG that will release at the start of 2009.

3. Alan Wake - Release Date: Winter 2009
It’s been a long time coming for Alan Wake, so the expectations for Microsoft’s exclusive title developed by the creators of Max Payne are quite high. Promoting the graphical prowess of the Xbox 360 console, Alan Wake is set to light the world on fire with gorgeous environments and stunning characters models.

Alan Wake isn’t just a technical beauty either; it’s set to scare the living daylights out of gamers. As a psychological action thriller, Alan Wake is being handled as a single-player only game by Remedy Entertainment with their full intention at putting forth a satisfying storyline to journey through. With no release set in stone, it’s almost a guarantee that Microsoft will unravel the mysteries that surround Alan Wake at E3 in 2009.

2. Bioshock 2: Sea of Dreams - Release Date: November 2009
As one of the surprise hits of 2007, Take-Two Interactive is hoping to strike gold twice with Bioshock 2: Sea of Dreams. The Rapture was among the best game worlds created in recent memory, so revisiting this creepy and odd place is at the top of our list for 2009. If Bioshock 2 can recapture what made the original so unique and entertaining, Take-Two may be adding another Game of the Year to their collection.

From what we have seen the setting for Bioshock 2 will take somewhere with a beach-like atmosphere, many people are guessing an island in the Pacific. Only time will tell if developers can strike gold once more using the same techniques as before or if they will up the ante and bring some new ideas to the table. Watch out for this one late next year.

1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 – Fall 2009
There’s no doubt that Activision and Infinity Ward have dominated this generation of consoles with their popular shooter franchise, Call of Duty. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare stole a lot of Halo’s thunder last year and Activision hopes that they can do the same thing again next winter with the sequel, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

If the moaning and complaining about the announcement Call of Duty: World at War earlier this year is any evidence, gamers can’t get enough of modern day guns and settings. Infinity Ward recently said they would no longer be developing download content for Call of Duty 4, so it’s easy to see that all of their resources are being used to potentially create 2009’s best shooter.

There you have it Ladies & Gentleman Megaman's top 360 games to look for in 2009. With so many great games hitting the Xbox 360 in 09, start buying your mountain dew's!!!

I only post fair and balanced journalism, Thank you in advance to the Vgchartz comunnity.

By  

Around the Network

hmm, why the sudden change?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

cool games

what's happening ? r u ok? did u eat enough sandwiches?

Im getting bioshock 2, and Call of duty modern warfare 2, also Resident evil 5 might be my first RE game..

mM
Around the Network

"Sony fanboys are in a league of their own"

i feel betrayed , this is not true fanboyism.

Million said:

You were never in my army, who are you loll!

Do not question my authority soldier!

megaman2 said:
Million said:

You were never in my army, who are you loll!

Do not question my authority soldier!

Join us

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

It seems like it's going to be another good year for gamers! =P

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Alan Wake is the only thing that makes me a ps3 owner jealous from that list

Play Me