By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 "the most popular of any High Definition next generation platform

Xbox 360 to reach half a million sales in Oz
Christmas frenzy will push it over the line.
Microsoft is reporting that, by Christmas day, the company will have sold 500,000 Xbox 360 consoles in Australia since its local launch in March 2006.

This apparently makes the Xbox 360 "the most popular of any High Definition next generation platform" - which roughly translates to "it's sold more units than Sony's PlayStation 3, but less than the Nintendo Wii."

It's not just the consoles which are selling well, either. According to Australian and New Zealand boss-type David McLean, software is also selling well in the land down under, with over 4 million games sold.

"Xbox users to date have bought more software and accessories per console than users of any other next-generation console," boasted McLean. "2008 has been the strongest year in Australia for Xbox since we entered the market seven years ago and we still have two weeks to go."

The press release also noted that since October, Australians have been flocking in drives to buy games, spending $608 million on gaming gear.

Worldwide, there have been 25 million Xbox 360's sold.

Around the Network

go 360!

Most people should know this that it sells better software and hardware then the PS3

"

^yeah and hardware...

Is this a quote from an article or something?

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Around the Network

Did you just read the front page toastboy?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

cheapest ? yes.
more owners ? yes.
more popular ? debatable

spam/obvious/redundant - pick one. Are you on a quest for a higher post count or vg$ - please reach your milestone soon so you're not wasting anyone's time.

Million said:
cheapest ? yes.
more owners ? yes.
more popular ? debatable

Of course if it has more owners its more popular.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Million said:
cheapest ? yes.
more owners ? yes.
more popular ? debatable

Of course if it has more owners its more popular.

i would explain buh my keyboard is broke (on screen) lol.