By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

By the way still no official word on the "closing up shop" the rumor started on the IGN boards cause of a email to Matt the Nintendo editor at IGN, but still the email could have been false it didn't even have a senders name on it, and couple that with how huge of a story that would be especially for the Nintendo crew that it would probably be up on the front page by now...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

The Recession, in your economies, destroyin' yer jobz

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Factor 5 closing its door has a lot more to do with Brash Entertainment closing its door than with anything else.

Basically they signed up several development agreements with Brash Entertainment last March and the publisher tanked and closed its doors a few weeks ago and no other publisher would pick up the projects.........( Brash Entertainment is a new publisher that was formed about a year ago and was focusing on movie related games and it tanked awfully...).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

MAN!!! Not so much for Factor 5 as for Free Radical. I was looking forward to the next Time Splitters game!!!!!!! =(

Ok after about 3 days and still no official comment and nothing on the front page of the source which was an email to Matt at IGN that somehow made it's way onto the IGN Wii forums (all while Matt is supposed to be on vacation mind you).

So no news from either Factor 5 or IGN, I call this rumor debunked for now...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000