By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Could somebody please come up with a way to use vg$ that isn't PL-related?

I myself have a few ideas... Maybe a contest that could earn you free stuff through an online raffle... Or maybe some other way to earn freebies... Think along the lines of Coke Rewards/ Pepsi Stuff minus the damn soda! You could even limit the raffle entries and/or raffles themselves as well as vg$ purchases... Is there problems with these ideas? Certainly, and most of them are related to infrastructure and flow of actual money. But you gotta admit that they are good ideas...

Remember your etiquette and discuss accordingly, if you please...

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

Around the Network

Spam posts would go through the roof, but being able to use VG$ to trick out our profiles, sigs, and avatar frames would be a decent use. I want my profile to have 22 inch rims, and a TV in the back for entertaining my bitches!

I don't think physical rewards are feasible - I doubt the site brings in enough advertising revenue to justify something like this, however, it could be cool to be able to pimp out our profiles somehow using our VG$, and we could have it that if you got to negative dollars due to a ban it automatically sells off your stuff to put you back in the black, it could make a ban even more of a deterrent

I think you can use it to purchase DLC for ioi: The Video Game.

^^^agreed! ioi: The Video Game was fun (especially the hidden dance mini-game), but I need some new environments and ioi skins asap!!

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
^^^agreed! ioi: The Video Game was fun (especially the hidden dance mini-game), but I need some new environments and ioi skins asap!!

You should try it with the Hot Cocoa mod. Sexy times!

@ scottie: Hey, I did admit to flaws in my ideas along those very lines... But then, I wasn't talking about giving away anything like trips to Tahiti or crap like that... I meant more along the lines of bulk swag, as in T-shirts; cozies; mugs; hoodies; et cetera...

^^^The only flaw in that, allaboutthegames885, is that I deny video games in public like Judas to Jesus! I would be terrified to wear a hoodie from a video games sales site. Somebody'd shoot me!!

d21lewis, I hope you were joking: gamer threads are very much the in thing these days (rappers and rockstars wear them; why can't you?), and no, you can't counter with the Ugg boots argument: no one on this blue-green planet we call Earth understands why those groan-inducing blemishes on the face of fashion that people have the nerve to call footwear are considered popular...

Retro gaming gear= cool

Video games sales gear= not so much.....