By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN: "infamous is awesome. period. end of statement."

Kasz216 said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Kasz216 said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Kasz216 said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

A good superhero may not have surgical precision with his powers.  He then needs to either confront enemies away from innocents, or weigh the costs of innocent deaths vs the benefits of nuking a bad guy.

Yeah... the needing "Surgical percision" was directly taken from the Devs mouth.

Whoah, that's a completely different reason than the ones you were giving before.

I think my points still stand.

I bet you that the game won't come out both requiring precision to play a good character and lacking any semblance of precision.  Period.

How?

You need surgical percision to play as a good guy was my original arguement.

This came directly from the Devs mouth.

How does it coming from the Devs mouth change anything?

I think, conceptually, precision isn't necessary to play a good superhero.  I thought you were saying it was, and that the game didn't deliver.  If instead a dev says that precision is necessary within this game, to avoid killing innocents or whatever, fine.  (Just means the game doesn't include other ways to avoid killing them besides good aim, and doesn't require as much moral balancing as it could.)  In light of the apparent dev comment, though, I think it very likely that what they wanted to show onscreen was a lot of firepower and flash, not careful precision.  What was shown onscreen, therefore, wouldn't imply that the controls make playing a good guy impracticable.

Unless you watch all the screens including ones where they are fighting and there is no flash and they still miss... a LOT.

Look at the other vids.  What's the "Flash" in that first one.

Maybe it will be impossible to play a good character because you can't aim and will always be killing innocents!

$20 million down the tube.

;)

Around the Network

i think its okay and even if it is awesome or get the cult following of assasin creed it's likely the game that will flop i think.

the rest of sony line up is pretty save, except for heavy rain but i don't think they expect it to be a huge seller either.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Kasz216 said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Kasz216 said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Kasz216 said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

A good superhero may not have surgical precision with his powers.  He then needs to either confront enemies away from innocents, or weigh the costs of innocent deaths vs the benefits of nuking a bad guy.

Yeah... the needing "Surgical percision" was directly taken from the Devs mouth.

Whoah, that's a completely different reason than the ones you were giving before.

I think my points still stand.

I bet you that the game won't come out both requiring precision to play a good character and lacking any semblance of precision.  Period.

How?

You need surgical percision to play as a good guy was my original arguement.

This came directly from the Devs mouth.

How does it coming from the Devs mouth change anything?

I think, conceptually, precision isn't necessary to play a good superhero.  I thought you were saying it was, and that the game didn't deliver.  If instead a dev says that precision is necessary within this game, to avoid killing innocents or whatever, fine.  (Just means the game doesn't include other ways to avoid killing them besides good aim, and doesn't require as much moral balancing as it could.)  In light of the apparent dev comment, though, I think it very likely that what they wanted to show onscreen was a lot of firepower and flash, not careful precision.  What was shown onscreen, therefore, wouldn't imply that the controls make playing a good guy impracticable.

Unless you watch all the screens including ones where they are fighting and there is no flash and they still miss... a LOT.

Look at the other vids.  What's the "Flash" in that first one.

Maybe it will be impossible to play a good character because you can't aim and will always be killing innocents!

$20 million down the tube.

;)

It's not like it hasn't happened before that games were ruined because of stuff like that.

Im loving the comic book feel of it