By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy haeresis XIII

I'm telling you, I could have sworn I saw a 360 confirmation. But you're right that I can't find it anymore, so I could very well be wrong.

The Wii could very well get an FFXIII game now. But back when Haeresis was first trademarked and given its logo, it couldn't have. Square-Enix was still very, very deep in its "the Wii is a toy" phase, and wouldn't have given it the time of day, much less any FF game that didn't have the words "Crystal Chronicles" or "Fables" in the title.

Things are different now. The Wii could very well find itself on the receiving end of a new FFXIII project, and in fact I think that's exactly what will happen. If we're lucky it might even be a serious effort, though I'm reserving judgment on that until we see what they do with DQX and Echoes of Time (though my hopes are not high for the latter, seeing as it's a DS port). But in any event, a new Wii project will not be Haeresis; it will be just that, a new project. Haeresis dates too far back for Square to have given any consideration to a Wii version.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Around the Network

Seeing all this denial is making me look forward to the eventual meltdowns if Haeresis XIII is a Wii game.

Wii already has DQ X, a XIII title is cakewalk now. If SE is smart it will happen.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
Seeing all this denial is making me look forward to the eventual meltdowns if Haeresis XIII is a Wii game.

Wii already has DQ X, a XIII title is cakewalk now. If SE is smart it will happen.

Square Enix is smart? since when?

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Millennium said:

Versus XIII is PS3-exclusive worldwide? Perhaps. But so was FFXIII proper, and we all know how that turned out. S-E has broken exclusivity promises before, and they will do it again if they think it could get them more money than it costs. Considering how much of their current revenue comes from porting existing games from one console to another -Chrono Trigger DS is the latest example of this- I think it's foolish to assume that any exclusivity promises will hold. They've refined porting and remaking to a fine art, which drastically reduces the cost to port, which in turn drives up the potential profit of doing so.

I could have sworn I saw a Haeresis 360 announcement in the past, but I'm having trouble finding it. I've already said that I could not confirm it; that remains true.

Alright you wanna mess with a Hardcore fan of Versus XIII? you got it.

1. Final Fantasy "Regular" XIII was NEVER deemed as a worldwide exclusive "merely" saying at the end of each trailer "Coming to PlayStation 3" not saying when or where or how.
  2. Versus XIII was deemed as a WorldWide PlayStation 3 Exclusive right from the begining and re-confirmed by Numora and SCEJ themselves.
  3. Director of Versus XIII is Tetsuya Nomura, if ya new who this guy was you would know he has a strong bias towards PS3 and Sony. Also Wada has nothing to say in the Versus Project.
  4. Sony may be publishing Versus XIII in USA and japan in an agreement that had in 07.
  5. Leading into a movie Via exclusive to blu-ray. 
  6. Will use a Full blu-ray disc.
  7. Sixaxis support for Versus XIII is vital since many controls of the game far outmatchs the amount of buttons on any controler to this day.

And there you have it.

Let's dance, fanboy.

1) False. For a very long time, FFXIII was stated not only to be exclusive to the PS3, but completely impossible on any other platform. This extended not only to FFXIII, but to its engine, Crystal Tools (nee the White Engine, which actually began development on the PS2).

2) True, but the first point makes this irrelevant. The promises of Square-Enix mean nothing.

3) Are you honestly trying to tell me that the president of the company making the game has no say in how the game is made? That goes beyond absurd; that's outright delusional.

Also, Nomura's words about the PS3 have been nothing but mixed; he's gone from hating the PS3 to loving it to hating it to loving it and back and forth over the years. The man can't make up his mind about anything, except perhaps his crush on Gackt.

4) So? Sony hasn't got the power to demand exclusivity from Square-Enix anymore, as losing FFXIII proves beyond any shadow of a doubt. They'd still be fools not to jump at the chance to publish the PS3 version of an FF game, spinoff or no.

5) Um... what? I don't understand this point. We're not writing in Japanese; you cannot simply eliminate both the subject and predicate from a sentence and expect to be understood, especially when writing.

6) Sure, it'll use a full disc... most likely with lots of duplicated data to make up for speed problems and uncompressed data to hook the technophiles who only see a difference because the marketers told them they should. Throw in some decent compression and you could easily reduce such a game's size by 80% or more: easily within the range of two DVD-9s. Sure, you'd have to change discs once. OH, THE HORROR! Someone call Amnesty International to complain about this vile torture of switching discs!

7) When has anyone ever mentioned this? All I've heard seems to point to the opposite.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

@Millennium- Not bad, you've done your homework to eh? alright. ring the bell for round 2! *ding*

1. 90% true, but in a given Square Enix "feels" the Main series is all that matters therefore getting the FFXIII to the 360 outside of japan was bound to happen @ some point, even as a sony fanboy at the time i didnt deny this. though Versus is considerd a "Side" Project to the main which is fair funny due to the fact Versus looks better then Regular in almost every possible way so far.
  2. We agree with eachother then.
  3. And yes and no, but Wada has confirmed that he wont be getting in the way of numora with the versus project since he "wants" to give him the chance to call the shots, but its merely to keep him on his "good-side" because numora has stated countless times he'd resign from Square before letting HIS project jump to another system, thats strong words for someone with a rep near on par with Kojima.
  4. With Versus they may, i have no right to say they will since sony lately are a buncha dumbsh*ts when they see something they should take.
  5.  Its been rumoured ever since that not-so-legal debut trailer that versus would spin-off on its own into a Blu-Ray movie being exclusive in japan with a slight chance of a stateside release.
  6. one of those, "Oooooohhhhh MULTI-DISC" idiots, im just saying that it'll use an entire blu-ray disc, something that Regular XIII may not do.
  7. This was mentioned again in an interview around TGS 08, Numora was explain a unique connection sort of like the TBL in Advent Chidlren only by hand, and many combos and moves are going to be used in a "Flick-Motion" and "Frantic-Motion" depending on the princes Forms, which also reveals spoilers he'll be able to tranform. damn numora...

All in all, im no sony fanboy, BUT! i am a Final Fantasy Versus XIII fanboy and im strongly bias toward this game then any other atm since i've had the honor to see some of these interviews and vids when they were on the internet before they were taken down.

Dont get me wrong, even if it did come to the 360 which i STRONGLY doubt, Versus XIII will destroy Regular XIII in every way in my personal opinion. :)

Around the Network

I noticed some comments about milking here..... What the hell????

Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VII: The Last Order
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete
Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus
Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus The Lost Episode
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
I noticed some comments about milking here..... What the hell????

Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VII: The Last Order
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete
Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus
Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus The Lost Episode
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis

Good job man, lol your post is full of win. and truth!

VII was overmilked.

I'm suprise no one has thought of this yet.

haeresis = MMO = PC/PS360 to be announce @ E3 09

thoughts?

Soriku said:
Since we haven't even heard about this I'm going to assume it doesn't exist anymore. When all is done though I expect a Wii and DS FF XIII. 360 might get Versus.

I cant see Versus going to 360 after the latest trailer saying "PS3 only worldwide" as though it was SE making sure Sony know where what game will and will not go. FFXIII was never named an exlcusive and this one has so with that said nope, doubt it will happen.

A FF game for Wii seems very likely, DS as well but 360 is one I cant see happening (exclusive I mean). FF games sell best in Japan and just cant see SE making a FF exclusive to 360.

mibuokami said:
I'm suprise no one has thought of this yet.

haeresis = MMO = PC/PS360 to be announce @ E3 09

thoughts?

Wow...i never thought of it that way... you sir Win, this May just happen, that would be an epic tiwst to!