By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy haeresis XIII

I see most of the HD fans completely dismiss Wii as an option, maybe in fear of what could taht mean. Anyways, when was this game announced or even named? This is just rumor.

Around the Network
zleep said:
I see most of the HD fans completely dismiss Wii as an option, maybe in fear of what could taht mean. Anyways, when was this game announced or even named? This is just rumor.

What I know to be true is that S-E has a trademark on the name and that someone inside Square made a logo for it. The rest, including the ages-old 360 confirmation I mention, are admittedly not something I can verify. Nothing has been heard from the project in fricking forever.

I dismiss Wii as an option because Square-Enix dismissed Wii as an option. While they've had a very recent change of heart and are finally starting to take the Wii seriously, as shown by DQX, Haeresis dates back to the time when their own president derided the Wii as a mere "toy." If the project were starting now, I think there's a decent chance they'd put it on the Wii. But this has been going on for too long, and they most certainly would not have put it on the Wii back then.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

@Millenium: Ok thanks!

Yes I know what you mean about SE dismissing the Wii, but others saying that the game is for PSP2 or DS2 are also completely wrong and wishing for a way for it not to be on Wii.

We still have to see a good game get released on the Wii and PS3. So far PS3 received nothing and Wii mere spin-offs or minor games. But we know other games are coming, the question is when?? 2010 ?

I thought it was for mobile phones? I'm betting mobile phone.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

zleep said:

Oh come on... You really didn't need to turn this into another console warriors thread.

Millenium: It was never announced for the 360. I don't know where the hell you're getting your info from, but as far as I'm aware all that's known about Haeresis XIII is that S-E trademarked the name.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Since we haven't even heard about this I'm going to assume it doesn't exist anymore. When all is done though I expect a Wii and DS FF XIII. 360 might get Versus.

I doubt wii will get a XIII title imo, but DS will most likely @ some point.

And Versus XIII is exclusive to PS3 world wide.

The parts not crossed out though i agree.

Soriku said:

@vaga

That was Agito. They moved the game to the PSP. Since they did that I doubt a new mobile phone FF XIII.

Now this i agree 100%.

Versus XIII is PS3-exclusive worldwide? Perhaps. But so was FFXIII proper, and we all know how that turned out. S-E has broken exclusivity promises before, and they will do it again if they think it could get them more money than it costs. Considering how much of their current revenue comes from porting existing games from one console to another -Chrono Trigger DS is the latest example of this- I think it's foolish to assume that any exclusivity promises will hold. They've refined porting and remaking to a fine art, which drastically reduces the cost to port, which in turn drives up the potential profit of doing so.

I could have sworn I saw a Haeresis 360 announcement in the past, but I'm having trouble finding it. I've already said that I could not confirm it; that remains true.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

i think it will be a 360 exclusive game

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Millennium said:

Versus XIII is PS3-exclusive worldwide? Perhaps. But so was FFXIII proper, and we all know how that turned out. S-E has broken exclusivity promises before, and they will do it again if they think it could get them more money than it costs. Considering how much of their current revenue comes from porting existing games from one console to another -Chrono Trigger DS is the latest example of this- I think it's foolish to assume that any exclusivity promises will hold. They've refined porting and remaking to a fine art, which drastically reduces the cost to port, which in turn drives up the potential profit of doing so.

I could have sworn I saw a Haeresis 360 announcement in the past, but I'm having trouble finding it. I've already said that I could not confirm it; that remains true.

Alright you wanna mess with a Hardcore fan of Versus XIII? you got it.

1. Final Fantasy "Regular" XIII was NEVER deemed as a worldwide exclusive "merely" saying at the end of each trailer "Coming to PlayStation 3" not saying when or where or how.
  2. Versus XIII was deemed as a WorldWide PlayStation 3 Exclusive right from the begining and re-confirmed by Numora and SCEJ themselves.
  3. Director of Versus XIII is Tetsuya Nomura, if ya new who this guy was you would know he has a strong bias towards PS3 and Sony. Also Wada has nothing to say in the Versus Project.
  4. Sony may be publishing Versus XIII in USA and japan in an agreement that had in 07.
  5. Leading into a movie Via exclusive to blu-ray. 
  6. Will use a Full blu-ray disc.
  7. Sixaxis support for Versus XIII is vital since many controls of the game far outmatchs the amount of buttons on any controler to this day.

And there you have it.