By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Now I think about it, whats with many ads on COD WAWii? My opinion on it

yushire said:
outlawauron said:
yushire said:
Just to point this out; "Im agree thatn COD WAWii was gimped because the Wii dont have other features same as the PS360 and PC versions but gimped because of the graphics?"

I dont care about the graphics but definitely its gimped. Even the graphics... ITS GIMPED. Sorry for not pointing out this sooner... Im just want to say that in terms of graphics I dont care about it, I dont even care if its a PS2 graphics but still its still a gimped game...

@outlaw-----> If thats what you think about this situation then its too late for Activision right now, Wii version will not catch up with the HD versions even the games have legs.

Oh, I don't think it come close to either HD version. I just think they it should get closer to 2 million before the next one comes out. That would be acceptable I think.

So below 2 million you'll think its flop eh? After 6th week and 250,000 sales after as of now, I think it will be in 2 million I THINK... I hope so. Since you say Activision wants to established the COD franchise on the Wii by giving it more advertisements...

No. I'm saying that it will have sold respectable enough to warrant enough attention to put more work on the future. Isn't that what all third parties have to do now or some garbage like that.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
yushire said:
Cobretti2 said:
yushire said:
COD WAWii was definitely gimped wether in graphics or features but I dont care about the graphics either, Im the one who played QoS Wii with the graphics as same as early PS2 so my standard in terms of graphics was different as long as it have good gameplay.

We just cant deny it. COD WAWii WAS GIMPED

Well thanks for clearing it up. I agree about gameplay especially multiplayer being gimped. However Activision claimed that they "had" to do it because they "didn't want to sacrifice gfx" etc..

personally I think thats a plain lie, and like you said it was rushed because they realised shit Wii is doing well. PS3 version and 360 were in development for 2years. Wii version probably for more like a year or just over. 

In the end I think this is what has led to poor sales.

- The lack of features like the other versions.

- The poor number of available copies at launch.

- No advertising when it launched.

Now it is hard to say if Activision will force Infinity Ward to make a Wii version, since Infinity Ward could argue to Activision that CoD:WAW sold shit on Wii, that Wii isn't a CoD audience.

YEAH, I do agree with you. But Im also glad that it sell as it is now not because Im supporting Activision with COD WAW Wii but because someone proves Activision that theres a audience reagarding this genres on the wii. For a long time, 3rd parties keeps ignoring he Wii but now they cant ignore it anymore. And I thank treyarch to atleast develop this game on the Wii, now theres no excuse for Activision to not develop a COD with COD 4 engine on the Wii...

I should probably add that I am a bit less critical of the game because it actually had multiplayer. In Australia they took out  multiplayer altogether in MOH2. It was funny cause everyone who baught it on day one, returned it the same day complaining about it haha.

What more dissapoints me is how bond turned out on all consoles as I am a bond fan. Activision really need to get their dev teams to do better jobs.

@outlaw----> WELL Activision's strategy seems working, Maxwell says the Wii version is selling likem hotcakes.

@Cobretti2-----> So MOH: H2 really IS FLOP in its first day in Australia wasnt it? No wonder it isnt tracked in others. I think MOH: H2 only starting to sell when its becoming budget price...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

yer EA's excuse "we can't afford local servers".

I hope thye learnt if they intend to release another MOH game here.

Cobretti2 said:
yer EA's excuse "we can't afford local servers".

I hope thye learnt if they intend to release another MOH game here.

I doubt there'll be another MOH game on the Wii, but theres a 50/50 chance that there'll be another COD game this time. The sales of COD WAWii was good and it continues to sell.

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Around the Network

I finally realized why this game is receiving such an advertising run.

It is for all the harder-edged games that will be coming out next year.

This game is the vanguard .. the scout ... the first offering.

Third parties (at least Sega) plan to release much more non-kid-friendly fare next year. Getting people to realize that you do more than play minigames and Mario on the Wii is an important step to getting those games to sell. Thus, the advertisements during ESPN SportsCenter usually reserved for 360/PS3 fare.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

mike_intellivision said:
I finally realized why this game is receiving such an advertising run.

It is for all the harder-edged games that will be coming out next year.

This game is the vanguard .. the scout ... the first offering.

Third parties (at least Sega) plan to release much more non-kid-friendly fare next year. Getting people to realize that you do more than play minigames and Mario on the Wii is an important step to getting those games to sell. Thus, the advertisements during ESPN SportsCenter usually reserved for 360/PS3 fare.

Mike from Morgantown

On that note, Dead Rising could be as well. Regardless of whether it satisfies some complaining about the trailers, it's still another M game on the Wii, hopefully a test to see what RE5 can do on the Wii.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

One thing those Wii CoD:WaW commercials are doing is raising the cost of the Wii version for Activision.
Commercials are not cheap and I doubt a couple 100k of sales will cover their costs so Activision need CoD:WaW Wii sales to pick up now...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Atleast it sells more weekly than any other third party Wii games out there. Maybe except Nerf N-Strike, RRR TV party, De blob and Shaun White. Thats a accomplishment...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Where did your new avatar come from, yushire?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs