By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Now I think about it, whats with many ads on COD WAWii? My opinion on it

"I doubt they lose profits if the game is only sale for 100,000 in its lifetime."

It's already doubled that. Did you even look at the sales page for that game?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
"I doubt they lose profits if the game is only sale for 100,000 in its lifetime."

It's already doubled that. Did you even look at the sales page for that game?

Yeah, I know... thats why I knew theyre profiting from this game, if not why with these TV ads? We still have to see the american sales this week though. I think this game will pass 300,000 sales or more this month if this continues...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

It could make a million by this time next year.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Its definitely not impossible, if Boom Blox could sell 600,000 as of now, which a niche title why not this game? I wonder if Activision could force Infinity Ward to develop a Wii version of their another COD game? Its not impossible anymore, the COD 4 engine is certainly possible on the Wii.

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

LordTheNightKnight said:
Lolcislaw said:
I havent seen any Wii adverts in the UK, but if there is a media campaign behind the game Activision probably realised that they have not put enough effort to promote game on that platform, it will probably crawl into some decent sales for them but they know it could have done so much better.

I think now it is too little to late.

Only because you forget Wii game have long term sales.

Oh i do know that, but if Activision tried to put even more effort in to the Wii version (improve online, maybe split screen, maybe offer something different to HD twins, because it impossible to make it better looking, they should try to offer alternative), put adverts on earlier, they would be able to see some good sales from the start, and decent openning.

The game will make profit and sell well overall (i'm not sure it can make a million) but is it going to be fast enough for Activision to put next efforts on the Wii?

When PS2 support finally dies (and that's round the corner) Wii will only benefit from better graphics and more effort, and games like Madden , Star Wars:TFU , COD etc. will be only better on that platform.

Around the Network

Nintendo would be the one paying for the WaW wii ads. Activision has their own ads for the game and at the end they show all the systems they are for. The wii one even has the wii ad at the end of it.

"Oh i do know that, but if Activision tried to put even more effort in to the Wii version (improve online, maybe split screen, maybe offer something different to HD twins, because it impossible to make it better looking, they should try to offer alternative), put adverts on earlier, they would be able to see some good sales from the start, and decent openning."

Effort and features doesn't really affect up front sales that much, since people aren't familiar with what went into the game at the time.

yushire said:

@ese-petteri----> LOL you dont know how much the development cost of the wii version, its horribly gimped I doubt they lose profits if the game is only sale for 100,000 in its lifetime. Activision have a loss making the Wii version? LOL

LOL you don't know the development costs of the wii version. It is not that much gimped, I doubt that they will make money before it sells 1 million copies!

Since you obviously think that 2.8 million sales on 360-version did not bring profit. Even though you want to believe it, developing for wii is not free. Sorry.

To add, this game was VERY RARE in Australia when it launched. PS3 and 360 versions flooded the market here. Activision gave the game no chance on Wii from the very first day it launched.

Esa-Petteri said:
yushire said:

@ese-petteri----> LOL you dont know how much the development cost of the wii version, its horribly gimped I doubt they lose profits if the game is only sale for 100,000 in its lifetime. Activision have a loss making the Wii version? LOL

LOL you don't know the development costs of the wii version. It is not that much gimped, I doubt that they will make money before it sells 1 million copies!

Since you obviously think that 2.8 million sales on 360-version did not bring profit. Even though you want to believe it, developing for wii is not free. Sorry.

Even how much you twist it its a gimped version. Even I Im surprised its still selling as it is now.  Activision was profiting from the HD versions but definitely theyre also profiting from the Wii version, if not whats with the commercials of the Wii version? If somehow you say that the Wii version cant make profits 1 million in its lifetime then the PS360 versions was in more deep trouble because those versions develop more and of course more money to develop. So atleast they should sell atleast 5 million copies to break even.

And yeah, even Activision dont care about the Wii except for their Guitar Heroes till now. Its odd because Activision cares for COD WAWii even its not the lead platform of COD.

E3 2010- Tape runs out