By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 users should be able to give games as gifts too!

But, we can't. 

I'm no Daddy Warbucks, or anything, but I'd love to be able to give XBLA games as gifts to people on my friends list.  Today, I got World of Goo from somebody on the Secret Santa list on this site, and it has really made my day.  I've given games to others on the Wii before, but this is the first time I got one from someone.  Feels pretty good!

Anyway, I have a couple of friends in other states that used to come over and play games all the time.  Now, both of them are in college.  Of all of my gaming friends, these were the only two whom I consider hardcore.  They both buy decent games, but rarely do they ever buy what I want to buy.  Halo 3, Gears of War 2, and Burnout Revenge being the only exceptions.  And, being in college they tend to trade in their games once they beat them.  I hate playing with strangers, sooooo.

This is where XBLA comes in.  Neither of them have ever bought a game from the Arcade.  If I could gift them a game, they'd have more of the same great games that I have.  They'd also be unable to trade them in (I bought Burnout for one of them last year, and they traded it within a month for store credit!).  Anyway Microsoft, get to work on that!!

Around the Network

yeah mabye somebody can accedentally send me a game :p

That's a brilliant idea.

I would actually submit that to XBL as a request. Really, great idea.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Nah, it would give MS some bad press. People would say things like "Oh yeah, sure, MS has to copy Nintendo" and stuff. :(

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

SHMUPGurus said:
Nah, it would give MS some bad press. People would say things like "Oh yeah, sure, MS has to copy Nintendo" and stuff. :(

True. No one would mention that Ninty copied it from Apple and Apple copied it from... Well, someone. They always do.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
SHMUPGurus said:

Who cares,it would just be the annoying fanboys saying that.

rocketpig said:
SHMUPGurus said:

True. No one would mention that Ninty copied it from Apple and Apple copied it from... Well, someone. They always do.

Indeed... I don't know, some people are just always going to stay ignorant, I guess?

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

rocketpig said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Al Gore

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Awww...lewis. You sound so lonely. I'll play Xbox Live games with you. I'll even talk to you on the mic and pretend to be one of your college buddies. We can share stories of that one time you guys had too much to drink and conducted simple, innocent experiments. I've got Street Fighter II, Puzzle Fighter, Castle Crashers, Ikaruga, Poker Smash, Contra, TMNT, and plenty others as good co-op games. It can be just like the old days. Just like the sleepovers.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

MrBubbles said:
rocketpig said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Al Gore