By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think I broke a new RROD record!

grimygunz said:
Its funny how 360 boys wanna turn this into a retaliation thing when the thread is made by a Wii boy.

I have a 360 but i hasn't RRoD on me yet Due to one reason and one reason only. I just don't play it for that many long periods of time. The most time i have kept it on was to watch a TV season long DVD.

I'm pretty sure you stress the laser of the 360 more watching DVDs than playing games...

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Around the Network
grimygunz said:

I have a 360 but i hasn't RRoD on me yet Due to one reason and one reason only. I just don't play it for that many long periods of time. The most time i have kept it on was to watch a TV season long DVD.

I keep mine on for over 18 hours at a time. Why hasn't mine RRODed yet since we are talking in absolutes?

The problem with the OP is that he is trying to ask about some world record of time to RROD because it RRODed on him after the second day, but seems to not want to count into the equation the fact that the console is used and has been on the market for 9 months, so there's no telling what previous owners did to the console or what their experiences were with it, plus it's been modded so he's probably playing back-up games on it.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Any console that has been modded or even opened automatically null and voids warranty.

This thread fails and is full of shit. beside the some bullshit points some user point out, and the best part is the system date. You are contradicting your own words my friend. 12/03/08 will always read as Dec. 03 2008 as its stated in your own post its a U.S console. U.S console dont read it as March 12 2008. So you can stop the trolling here.

numonex said:
Any console that has been modded or even opened automatically null and voids warranty.

Well technically any console that has the sticker broken nulls the warranty I believe.

Around the Network

It sucks you got a RRoD but considering it's modded (and new?) I'm not surprised and don't have any sympathy.

But hey, at least it was more or less free and you can sell it for parts.

ZERO sympathy

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

well you got a free 120gb HD

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

LOL... here is what happened.

Your friends console that he bought in 2006 had a RROD. He opened it up and applied thermal paste to the GPU and performed a shitty X-clamp. Afterwards he got a new Elite and swapped the mobo with his old 360.

The elite was then given away/sold to you...together with the defective mobo.

The end

disolitude said:

LOL... here is what happened.

Your friends console that he bought in 2006 had a RROD. He opened it up and applied thermal paste to the GPU and performed a shitty X-clamp. Afterwards he got a new Elite and swapped the mobo with his old 360.

The elite was then given away/sold to you...together with the defective mobo.

The end

That's actually very plausible and if true...you got owned hard.