By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Could FFXIII break 1 million first week in Japan?

RPG said:
I know Toriyama said Versus could not have been called FFXIV due to the game being too different from other FF games, it's going to be very mature and such, Flagship FF games do not have blood and is for all ages, Versus is not going to be.

that's a good thing!, =).

but it got all the production of a full FF title. and quality.

Around the Network

Absolutly. People talk about the install basr but people will buy hardware for this game. MGS moved 80k hw week 1. FF will move far more.

Ynwa.

Soriku said:
RPG said:
I know Toriyama said Versus could not have been called FFXIV due to the game being too different from other FF games, it's going to be very mature and such, Flagship FF games do not have blood and is for all ages, Versus is not going to be.

FF VII and FF VIII had blood (not in game though. Only the CGI. But then again the Versus trailer was CGI.)...

Kitase and Toriyamas word kid not mine, they know more about the game then then both of us so best we trust what they have to say......

Do you guys think the PS3 will outsell the Wii and the DS the week of FF13 launch ?

to be honest, this game does not deserve to hit 1million in japan LTD

Around the Network
Jo21 said:
easily

and versus its not a spin off.

it's practically FF14 but instead of 14 they added Versus title to it.

its developed design and directed by tetsuya nomura, kingdom hearts team, and yokoshimura

thats AAA all over.

It is not a mian entry into the series, so what is it? A spin-off is not automatically lower in quality or lower in production value. It is just a game that is not from the mainline series. Versus is a spin-off.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

I think it can do 1m. FFXIII is needed to energize japan anyways... i hope it sells 5m hardware first week to so something actually gets going over there.

Gnizmo said:
Jo21 said:
easily

and versus its not a spin off.

it's practically FF14 but instead of 14 they added Versus title to it.

its developed design and directed by tetsuya nomura, kingdom hearts team, and yokoshimura

thats AAA all over.

It is not a mian entry into the series, so what is it? A spin-off is not automatically lower in quality or lower in production value. It is just a game that is not from the mainline series. Versus is a spin-off.

It´s not a spin-off, it´s an alternate FFXIII. A spin-off implies a sidestory, same world and recurring characters. From what we know this is not the case with Versus. We could very well broaden that up with Agito too, it´s a 'portable' FFXIII catering to the handheld japanese audience.

321tttrini4everz said:
to be honest, this game does not deserve to hit 1million in japan LTD

......I have to ask why do you think that?

memory2zack said: 

It´s not a spin-off, it´s an alternate FFXIII. A spin-off implies a sidestory, same world and recurring characters. From what we know this is not the case with Versus. We could very well broaden that up with Agito too, it´s a 'portable' FFXIII catering to the handheld japanese audience.

Again, no it doesn't. Dragon Quest Monsters, and Dragon Quest Swords are both spin-offs that have nothing to do with a mainline Dragon Quest game. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is a spin-off that has nothing to do with a mainline games. What you have described would mean every Legend of Zelda game after the first would be a spin-off. Final Fantasy Versus XIII is a spin-off. That doesn't make it less of a game.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229