By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to Buy Rockstar

well MS is probably willing to lose even more money if it means to put Sony even further down.... but I don't see it happening (buying R* for either of them).....

and I really don't want to see that happening...... because if it's sony I won't be able to play GTA on XB.... but mostly because I really want them to stay a 3rd party, it makes the market way more interesting.... I don't want the studio being owned by any of the 3 companies.... in my opinion it would suck for the gamers overall

Around the Network

This can't be true. But then again, that's what (almost) everyone said about AMD buying ATI...

Not buying that for a second. If anything, Rockstar has been pulling away from Sony (Table Tennis, exclusive Xbox 360 GTA 4 episodes, Manhunt 2, Bully: Scholarship Edition...), and if Rockstar was really for sale (although I don't know why Take 2 would be selling what is probably their most profitable studio), Microsoft should have no problem outbidding Sony. Also, no reputable gaming website reported on recent Rockstar going PS3 exclusive rumors, just blogs and various lesser websites.

I'm putting this rumor in a fanboys' wishful thinking drawer for now.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Stranger things have happened than this.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Bodhesatva said:
Not buying that for a second. If anything, Rockstar has been pulling away from Sony (Table Tennis, exclusive Xbox 360 GTA 4 episodes, Manhunt 2, Bully: Scholarship Edition...), and if Rockstar was really for sale (although I don't know why Take 2 would be selling what is probably their most profitable studio), Microsoft should have no problem outbidding Sony. Also, no reputable gaming website reported on recent Rockstar going PS3 exclusive rumors, just blogs and various lesser websites.

And 2 PS3 exclusives because that is pulling away from Sony.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network
sharky said:

GTA series is becoming pretty irrelevant and boring. Halo 3 would have outsold it by a mile had it released this year. That was obvious. No doubt Halo is a much bigger series. Gears of War 2 would be a bigger seller also.

Also this rumor is obviously not true. GTA cant be Sony exclusive without losing most of it's sales since 360 is the dominant console in NA and Europe and Japan doesn't buy GTA.

But I'm just saying, even if Sony gained GTA exclusive, it wouldn't matter much.

BTW this thread title is pretty misleading since it's obviously not even much of a rumor from a small PS3 fansite. 

Bullshit, no way Gears of War 2 would outsell GTAIV, ever... you're completely full of it, troll.

Still a rumor, but cool anyways.

I think probably the same thing will happen that happened with Rareware. The talented people all left after being bought out. I mean, Rockstar doesn't have that much intellectual property anyway, just a simple premise of a sandbox city with guns.

Bodhesatva said:

Hmm.... Rockstar are pulling away from Sony yet they announced LA Noire as PS3 Exclusive, and Sony themselves confirmed another new IP to be PS3 exclusive.

That is not pulling away, no matter how you spin it.

vizunary said:
sharky said:

Bullshit, no way Gears of War 2 would outsell GTAIV, ever... you're completely full of it, troll.

Still a rumor, but cool anyways.

*Whips out the Fanboy Extinguisher*

People are entitled to their opinions and aren't just trolls because they say something you don't like.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

jhlennon1 said:
Bodhesatva said:

Hmm.... Rockstar are pulling away from Sony yet they announced LA Noire as PS3 Exclusive, and Sony themselves confirmed another new IP to be PS3 exclusive. No one is saying they're abandoning sony, but at the same time, there's no arguing they're no longer as fond of the PS as they once were.

That is not pulling away, no matter how you spin it.

Since almost all of Rockstars games were basically Sony exclusives last gen, the fact that only two of their games are Ps3 exclusive now does indeed show them pulling away.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom