By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to Buy Rockstar

I've honestly never bought a Rockstar game so I don't personally care (hell, I have a PS3 collecting dust if I ever needed a R* fix) but it would be big for PS3 if it actually does happen. I still think it's nothing more than a rumour based on a comment that does not mean what people are interpretting it as.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
Crap. That means no future Wii rockstar games. I kinda like R* too. Well, this will definately help PS3 in the next few years, so long as the developers stay and don't jump ship to make new companies. That seems to happen a lot when one is bought out.

It is still a rumor, so don't cry yet. Wait at least to that other sites than a PS3 fansite start posting this rumor

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

I doubt the authenticity of this info and the source is not trustworthy frankly.

If such a thing was happening, all the big game sites would be freaking out right now.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
I doubt the authenticity of this info and the source is not trustworthy frankly.

If such a thing was happening, all the big game sites would be freaking out right now.

True, but I think that sony will buy a exclusive game for PS3 from rockstar.

robjoh said:
ckmlb said:

I think there's already 2 yet to be announced exclusives from Rockstar. They probably already have shelled over a bunch of money and plan to work with Rockstar to make sure these games fully take advantage of the PS3 (which is probably what the "under their wing" comment referred to).

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Around the Network
ceres said:
robjoh said:
ckmlb said:

I think there's already 2 yet to be announced exclusives from Rockstar. They probably already have shelled over a bunch of money and plan to work with Rockstar to make sure these games fully take advantage of the PS3 (which is probably what the "under their wing" comment referred to).

True... 

There are 2 exclusives for the PS3 from R*:L.A Noire and another unamed one.
Event rumour came from:Tengu, orginises of the event:Sony and Activision, rumour accenticity:quite high if Sony said it.
"under are wing" could mean 2nd party company or take over either one good for Sony.
Shame GTAIV wouldnt become exclusive but hey PS3 gets 2 exclusives and X360 gets DLC i think we know who won that deal.Or maybe R* has chosen to be like Insomniac and not owned by Sony but only make PS games thats why the next 2 games from R* will be PS3 exclusive.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

ckmlb said:

Well there is at least ONE voice of reason in this thread with a grip on reality. 

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Found out abit more info and TakeTwo profits are way way way way down at them LOSING $1.037billion in 06 so they might need abit of pocket money by selling off some studios, just a thought and if they did this would they really R* possibly their best studio.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

What happened to "We have a very different approach to exclusives than some of our competitors. We don't buy exclusivity. We don't fund development. We don't, for lack of a better term, bribe somebody to only do a game on our platform. We earn it..." - Jack Tretton

Good for Sony if it does turn out to be true though.  Hopefully Rockstar would continue to churn out quality games.