By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How about a "price cut" version of the prediction league?

Instead of guessing software/hardware data for a region, guess when and how much a console will see its price dropped. Data would stay up until the next price drop is announced. For instance: PS3 - $500 or $600 I predict the price drops in April 1, 2008 to $400 or $500. The price drops to $350 and $450 on June 1, 2008. So I would be off by 2 months (months off could be on a points basis, with 0 months off being 10 points, 1 month beings 9 points, etc.), and $50. For every $50 off, you could be docked in a similar manner to time. It would also be possible to update the predictions league to estimate how sales patterns change after the price drop.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

Waiting results for years is boring. "No"

E3 is July 11-13 so I predict that Microsoft will announce an upgraded XBox 360 (with 60GB Hard-drive, HDMI and a HD-DVD player built in) for $400 and the current priemium XBox 360 will be reduced to $300; Sony will reduce the price of the 20GB PS3 to $400 to match the XBox 360 HD and the 60GB PS3 will become $500; and Nintendo will reduce the price of the Wii to $200. Edit: The prices would take effect either July 14th or the 1st of August