By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Slow HDTV Sales Hurting PS3 Sales

Lies. I dont think consumers see HDTV and ps3 as items that have to be together. so i call bullshit in this one

Around the Network
Godot said:
Yes, you should always put Pachter in the title of a thread when he's the one talking because that way we know what kind of bullshit to expect from him.

Oh, sorry I didn't know : l

Maynard_Tool said:
Lies. I dont think consumers see HDTV and ps3 as items that have to be together. so i call bullshit in this one

Well, BluRay players and HDTVs go together. And being that the PS3 can do more and is a higher quality player, it's a no-brainer.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Maynard_Tool said:

Well, BluRay players and HDTVs go together. And being that the PS3 can do more and is a higher quality player, it's a no-brainer.

Yes, for you, someone that is actually  looking for a video game console. Majority of people are not looking at that....if they want a blu ray they get the blu ray, not the ps3.

Blu ray goes with HDTV, ps3 not

Maynard_Tool said:
outlawauron said:
Maynard_Tool said:

Yes, for you, someone that is actually  looking for a video game console. Majority of people are not looking at that....if they want a blu ray they get the blu ray, not the ps3.

Not entirely. My aunt just got one last week. She doesn't play video games, but her son does. It was a win-win for them.

She got it for the BluRay capabilities but also got it knowing her son could have fun too. (I got her to buy LBP! YAY!)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

HDTV's are pricey but worth it and they seem to be selling quite well considering that we are in a recession.

outlawauron said:
Maynard_Tool said:
outlawauron said:
Maynard_Tool said:

Not entirely. My aunt just got one last week. She doesn't play video games, but her son does. It was a win-win for them.

She got it for the BluRay capabilities but also got it knowing her son could have fun too. (I got her to buy LBP! YAY!)

Heh nice.

When I bought my ps3, I was frustated because I didnt have a HDTV, so I decide to buy it and now I feel complete.

I think a lot people feel the same, because you are not taking advantage of all the features the ps3 has...blue ray, 1080 resolution games ,etc.

In conclusion ps3 and hdtv are togheter

If this isn't one of the dumbest things I ever heard or read then I don't know what is.

I thought it was pretty dumb when PS360 fans were saying when hdtv sales pick up wii sales will die because everyone buying a hdtv would buy a HD console (even if they had never played videogames in their lives and even though it's obvious most people are just buying a fancy flat screen rather than a hdtv).

This however may be just as ridiculous. Seems due to price drop 360 is no longer a HD console.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down