By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the Wii LTD sales ever top DS LTD sales?

Everybody keeps saying that the wii sold more than n64, next is snes and sometime down the line the NES, people even  say that it'll continue to sell to beat the almighty PS2 someday. My question is: DS keeps outselling wii on a weekly basis, and it is on its 5th year, and handhelds (specially nintendo's) are known to have longer longevity than home consoles, at this rate, do you think that the wii will ever catch the DS?

I personally, find it unlikely, even if it has a 10 year lifetime, which I  think it could have, you know, like PSOne, PS2, etc, the "leader" consoles (lifetime is dictated by consumers, not by companies). I think that DS will go on to be the top selling console ever untill probably next gen or something like that.

Anyways, I marvel at nintendo and their marvelous business plan (both for Wii and DS), way to go, so happy to see the underdog do so good, only Rocky can ever compare, LOL

Your thoughts?

Listen to the voice of reason, then do as I say.

Around the Network

Really? not a single answer? oh well...

I share your opinion.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

It certainly has a shot, since it's tracking higher than the DS from launch. The main obstacle is that the Wii has a lower saturation point than the DS (every household vs. every person).

I'd say it's too close to call.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I don't think it will outsell the DS. DS is the best console ever and DSi has to be release in America and others yet.

Around the Network

Yeah, console revisions do sell a lot, but: can't the wii get one? I don't see what they could do it's already quite small and nice

Who knows, it's trending ahead of the ds on a weeks since launch graph, and the Wii will certainly see higher 2009 sales than 2008, whereas the DS should drop.

I'll predict it outsells the DS, but not by much

No, the DS will be the best selling console of all time.

It's definitely possible
It's 10 million ahead of the DS at the same point since release

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Interesting, opinions do diverge!
please develop why you think one or the other