By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Laptop: Won't Go Online with WiFi or Ethernet

Ok I have this Toshiba Satellite Laptop that was working great, I didn't use it for a couple months because I was working allot..

anyway, I tired to go online with it and it will not connect, not with WiFi or Ethernet nothing....

I have a 2Wire Router/WiFi,  and all my systems, PC's, and other Laptop connect to the router fine, with WiFi or Ethernet..

I can not get this F'en thing to connect...

I can say this tho.. I used this laptop when I ran the skate park and there was no internet around so I connected my MDA and used it as a modem, and it worked, but I think I might have messed up the connect part of the Laptop when I used the MDA connection, I have sense deleted that connection (or so I think)...

Any help please.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

come on, need some help..

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

The best ways to get help for your computer is either to go to a dedicated help site like majorgeeks.com or personal message a computer tech who knows what they are doing.

The reason I say this is because you will get confusing advice from about 20 different people here some giving you bad advice. Not a good idea.

Just yell at it....

Tell the J man how it goes.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Does your PC get an IP address when you plug in the Ethernet? You may need to enable the Ethernet port. Is your router setup for DHCP?

Basically there are a lot of things that may need to be checked. If you are using XP you could right click on My Network Places and make sure the devices are enabled.

Around the Network

I have the same problem with my Compaq Presario V6300.

You may have deleted the connection - or screwed it up royally. Does it show up under the hardware tab? If it does, delete the adapter, restart and let Windows detect it. You should also check the BIOS and see if it's not disabled. I have an Acer tablet that will allow you to have the Wifi enabled or the ethernet enabled, but not both at the same time. Stupid, if you ask me.

the problem can be very simple, there may be a switch on ur laptop that turns on wireless, it can also be very problematic, no idea what 2 do then

I think I already have fixed his problem. I say "I think" because when it was starting to work, I lost him on messenger (He was using a different computer to talk to me on messenger). Regardless, he hasn't contacted me back nor has he posted again in this thread. I would assume the problem is fixed.