By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Europa Universalis on Steam, so who's next?

"Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition includes Europa Universalis: Rome and the Expansion Pack, Europa Universalis: Rome - Vae Victis. Vae Victis features a massive number of additions and improvements to Europa Universalis: Rome, a game that was already one of the most prominent to depict that era in the widest scope. 10% off until December 31st!"

It's costing $22.49 right now

So as far as we know EA might be heading to Steam, and Paradox is now on Steam as well. There are still some companies that are not on Steam, but we are getting two that have their own DD systems, to me that's some major stuff. Stardock will be the next one?

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Around the Network

I thought The EU series were already Downloadable. At least I got my Vic and Heart of Iron 2 through Download at paradox site.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Well, it was/is via GamersGate... that's where I get my Paradox games at least.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

but that's my point... GamersGate's owned by Paradox as far as I know, that's why I think it's surprising.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Heh. Here I finally find Napoleon's Ambition and In Nomine on store shelves, and a mere few weeks later they announce going on Steam. Apparently those two expansions aren't on yet, but I imagine it's only a matter of time now that Paradox is using Steam at all.

Hmm... don't think I'm getting this, as I didn't really enjoy Rome. Still, very nice to see my favorite developer on my favorite online service.

Around the Network

Is this a bad omen for gamersgate? I was going to buy knight & blade on there after christmas, since I already plan on buying other games from them... But because steam seems more stable... I mean, they are getting rivals' series on their service! All that's left is stardock and impulse!..... Or is that even left?

I might have to start using steam for more than demos.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

I think they are just adding it as an extra source of revenue... I mean, Steam opens up a huge new stream of customers.

Then again, Rome, CK, EU, Vicki, & HoI are really fringe games. You either love them or hate them. I happen to love them, but I have a lot of patience, and therefore took the time to learn the complicated strategy behind each game...

Most people play the game and think it's too hard and don't try again.

Speaking of which, I really miss the old style EU graphics. I really don't like the new 3D style of EU3 & Rome.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Ugh.

Digital distribution wars are so much more destructive than console wars
I think I am going to think about this some more.
Right now though, I am leaning twards gamersgate. Although... steam is more established... dammit, i don't know!

Nevermind.. i guess I might use both :-p

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Comrade Tovya said:
I think they are just adding it as an extra source of revenue... I mean, Steam opens up a huge new stream of customers.

Then again, Rome, CK, EU, Vicki, & HoI are really fringe games. You either love them or hate them. I happen to love them, but I have a lot of patience, and therefore took the time to learn the complicated strategy behind each game...

Speaking of which, I really miss the old style EU graphics. I really don't like the new 3D style of EU3 & Rome.

Damn right! I laugh at anyone who complains about casuals, but doesn't appreciate the games by Paradox. ^^

I also agree with your last point. In a game of a truly strategic scale, stuff like 3d terrain and models that walk around it are absolutely useless. All they do is make the game heavier, and with games that have this much happening in the background, you're going to get slowdowns on even the most powerful PCs.

After playing a lot of EU3 and getting progressively more and more fed up with how slow the interface gets, going back to HoI2 with its much faster and extremely easy ALT+TABing was a bliss. I even managed to learn how to read most of the Nato symbols for divisions etc. =P

Parokki said:
Comrade Tovya said:

Damn right! I laugh at anyone who complains about casuals, but doesn't appreciate the games by Paradox. ^^

I also agree with your last point. In a game of a truly strategic scale, stuff like 3d terrain and models that walk around it are absolutely useless. All they do is make the game heavier, and with games that have this much happening in the background, you're going to get slowdowns on even the most powerful PCs.

After playing a lot of EU3 and getting progressively more and more fed up with how slow the interface gets, going back to HoI2 with its much faster and extremely easy ALT+TABing was a bliss. I even managed to learn how to read most of the Nato symbols for divisions etc. =P

Yeah, I had the same problem... and my PC is powerful, but EU3 just sucks its resource to nil. 

I play HOI2 and Vicki the most because the graphics are easier for my PC to handle. 

I actually heard that the new HOI that is coming out next year is supposed to have the 3D graphics too, which is very disapointing to me, because I had been looking forward to it until I heard that. 

I really wish they would keep the old interface, and make a game thats time frame stretches from 1945 to the modern day... one that encompasses the entire cold war (and having the ability to fight WWIII).

It could have the Falkland War, Vietnam War, Cuban missle crisis, Panama War, Afghan-Soviet War, Korean War, and of course, the ability to fight wars that never happened but could have.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya