By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
fastyxx said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
fastyxx said:
Add me to the list of those surprised that the numbers aren't a bit bigger. I expected a bigger jump over last week for all the consoles. Maybe a larger percentage of people jumped on the consoles early over Black Friday than in the past?

So you expected the Wii to sell more than 750,000 this week?

Well yes, actually.  They sold the same number last year, and supply is supposed to be much better this year.  I thought it would be higher by 50-100k.  But like I said, maybe some of those huge numbers from November/Black Friday ate up some of that extra already?

Last year this week they sold about 165K, not 750K, it was the week later that they sold 750K

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

Wii is pushing weight like a crack dealer from the 80's...how the heck can it sell more in NA than 360 WW...and nearly as much WW as 360+ps3+psp?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

actually, if the mantra that dec sales are double Nov's then I was thinking that the Wii would actually sold more this week.... Like 1 million in NA... But it wont double Nov because of supply issues. So I think the goal should be 3 million in Dec NDP.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Wii is sold out again :(

Thechalkblock said:
Wii is sold out again :(

it is really about as bad as last year. On sunday my BB had about 70 wiis, and people were lined up outside to get them. In fact many people who were there BEFORE the store opened did not get Wiis....

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Saw a Wii at my local Wal-Mart for the first time in awhile...Had multiple in stock. Maybe the demand issue isn't as constrained as some think? (not saying that it's not selling - just that it's not constrained as some argue).

Also, I *do* think that it's a pretty...Meh...Week for the Wii @ 750k. Why? It had well over a 100% increase vs. last November, but hasn't quite posted the same increases in NA this December.

Of course, VGC could just be off by a ton too. But if true...It's great for Nintendo, but not as great as November was/is.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

great ds, wii and 360 sales in NA and WW!

I know I am late but man, my prediction for the Wii really has gone up in smoke!

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Squilliam said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Squilliam said:
Hi, I just updated my signature. Its an evil beast and one should not look. Quickly avert your eyes lest you be turned into a stoner by its evil gaze.

Typo or freudian slip?

Well, "DmeisterJ smoked the pot and called the kettle Sally" would explain it, No?

Hahahaha.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Wii out of Stock some stores in North London....

Bad luck Nintendo. Nearly had it right this year !