By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
GTAIV08 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
dolemit3 said:
While PS3's yoy drop is understandable, PSP's and PS2's are troubling.

why is it understandable?

• there are more games
  • it is the same price (or even cheaper?
  • it is a new SKU

what about all thos arguements like "when HDTVs are more spread, the PS3 will pick up in sales, because of BluRay" or "There are 120 million PS2-Users and they will upgrade to PS3 during Xmas"

I have heard this over and over again.

yes you are right. everyone was expecting ps3 to sell 120 million this year! im shocked it didnt!!

no one expected Sony to sell 120 million PS3s this year but a lot of people were execting it to sell more especially when things were going right during the summer. However, right now it looks like PS3 would fall short of the general expectation for the shipment in 2008 as you can see from a lot of vgchartz users signatures...

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network

wow wii and ds are absolute monsters. There is absolutley no stopping nintendo this generation and like someone said in another thread the DS has never heard of the phrase market saturation

360 is very impressive and came back to outsell sony in the "Year of the PS3". I gotta be honest a couple months ago i didn't think that was gonna happen

ps3. honestly very dissapointing. not very surprised since its been selling bad lately but that sucks. I really was hoping to see sony put up a better performance than it has this holiday season

Wii has the momentum. Nothing will change that this gen.

360 also has momentum, though obviously less than the Wii. The people have spoken on HD consoles.

PS3 is going backwards. It's lost momentum. What can save it? From 3rd place, nothing. NO. THING. Embrace 3rd place. But its not a DEAD console anymore than the Xbox and GC were. The bigger scare lies in Sony's financials. Why? Because TJAT is what kills a console (see 3DO, Jaguar, Dreamcast, etc) and a whole division.

This gen has turned out the opposite of what virtually every analyst predicted. The gaming industry never ceases to fascinate and confound.

Go 400$ PS3 in Economic Crisis !

Look at my sig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network

Worldwide comparison to last year:

14 December 2007

DS: 1515k
Wii: 678k
PSP: 654k
PS2: 568k
PS3: 544k
360: 513k

12 December 2008

DS: 1827k (+20%)
Wii: 1479k (+118%)
360: 740k (+44%)
PSP: 486k (-26%)
PS3: 416k (-24%)

Wii numbers are little silly, because this week was severely supply contrained in 2007 (the following week, 21 December, was one with monster supply). Pretty much the usual trend otherwise, Wii and 360 up year-on-year, the Playstation platforms down.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

well be real interesting 2 c if wii can break 2 mill ww next week if it can accomplish that even i will have to bow down to that

oh and if 360 can break a mill next week it well really get me mad

hopefully the ps3 can pass 600k next week i'll b happy with that

Play Me

colonelstubbs said:
The wii is a monster, which is strange considering its smallness

It's like that little white rabbit in Monthy Python and the Holy Grail...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Good sales for everybody. Looks like the ps3 won't reach 20M by the end of the year. It will be between 19 and 19.5M; Not bad.