By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Go SONY!

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:
Go SONY!

LOL I feel a lot of hope in those words...

atma998 said:
KillerMan said:
atma998 said:
KillerMan said:
atma998 said:
KillerMan said:
Fernando said:
TheBigFatJ said:
The Wii is going to pass the PS2's holiday record.

Very well deserved =p

By quality of the games it is not so well deserved , but nevertheless Wii and DS numbers are amazing as always.

Yeah I agree with you. Now you have to excuse me, I'm gonna play one of my mature-blood-and-gore-intense-violent-shooter game on my HD console.

I meant when you compare Wii game library to PS2 game library at the end of 2003. So by game quality it is not so well deserved that Wii passes PS2 holiday record though it doesn't matter because it is going to do it and that is of course great for Nintendo.

Was the game library of PS2 in 2003 was so great? I don't remember but something sure is that all sales for every console are always well deserved.

it had 41 games (more than Wii+PS3+X360 combined) with metacritic score of 90+ so it was great.

Metacritic doesnt mean anything for the mass market.

Yeah. I know, but it tells the quality of the title and I was speaking of quality titles.

Great sales for Wii, Ds and 360, good for psp, ps3 could have been better.

Wii = Nuclear

PS3 = Hot

360 = Not

The gap between the Wii and 360 is > than the gap between the 360 and PS3, therefore the 360 is failing much more at catching its closest rival.

Tease.

Around the Network
Ender said:

PS3 is a niche system in NA.

And pretty much everywhere else, at the moment.

People saying "WHOA!" at Wii obviously aren't paying attention. It increased 25%, which is exactly what's normal around these times of the year (Ps3 increased equally much, X360 22%)

Other than that, I have really missed how much the DS is selling. We're looking at 2 + 2.25 + 1.25M more for the year (estimate), which is 5.5M - that puts it at 98M.

What I really wonder about is software. How will Wii Fit/MKWii increase? Will Wii Music keep selling high sales in Americas, and possibly exceed 1M this year?

I'm also really rooting for Cooking Guide: What to Eat? It seems like a possible 500K + sellers in Americas too (has beaten 1M in Japan, and 750K in Others)

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

SmokedHostage said:

DS - 699,061

Wii - 750,638

360 - 388,051

PSP - 214,620

PS3 - 180,755

Wii reaches 42 millions

Wii outsells PSP worldwide

PS3 loses .1% and Wii gains .1% of marketshare

PSP loses .1% and DS gains .1% of marketshare

Discuss

What can be said about Nintendo that haven´t been said before? Nothing. I just repeat, wow, awesome, outstanding, jawdropping, mouthwatering sales! It really is just amazing, and to think that they were in last place last generation and everybody counted them out. They have done this mostly by themselves, without big support from thirdparties. I´m just so happy, they totally deserve it.

360, very nice

PSP, lukewarm

PS3, horrible, sad sales

KillerMan said:

Yeah. I know, but it tells the quality of the title and I was speaking of quality titles.

Quality titles, which is BTW a matter of taste, is a weak percentage of the perceived value of a console by the consumer.

Fernando said:
psrock said:
Is this the worst holiday season for Sony ever?

Yes... and maybe the last holiday season for Sony too...

Fernando your comments make explosive diarrhea look good.