By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Oyvoyvoyv said:

As for DS breaking 2M - No way. It would need 880K, and it sold a mere 560K last week. It sold 900K in BF week, and this week isn't even close to as big as BF week (in Americas).

~1.8M for DS.

In NA 2007, the DS sold more each of the two full weeks before christmas, than they did Black Friday week. 

695K = Black Friday (900K in NA this year)
725K = 2 weeks before Christmas  (equivalent to incoming NA data)
751K = 1 week before Christmas

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Dodece said:
Given these sales the 360 will probably pass a million units sold when Star Ocean 4 launches on the console in the middle of February. How about that the game will probably pop up the sales, and break that milestone for Microsoft. What fun would that be Microsoft should reach a million before Sony reaches three million. A small achievement, but an interesting one.

Wouldn't the achievement be if MS passed 1 mil before Sony?

Sorry, I just don't see the achievement in passing a mil when you're selling 1/3 of what your competitor is.

:|

When 5 years ago the Xbox was selling 1/70th of the PS2 it is an achievement.

Wow, the sales are down hard this year in Japan. What's going on? Is Wii reaching market saturation (I could almost believe the DS is)? When was the last pricecut for the PS3, and what's the outlook for the upcoming exclusives? Xbox 360 is up, but I would've expected more considering this is around the number it's been hovering at for a few months (no holiday boost for MS?)

What's going on in Japan?

Dianko said:
Wow, the sales are down hard this year in Japan. What's going on? Is Wii reaching market saturation (I could almost believe the DS is)? When was the last pricecut for the PS3, and what's the outlook for the upcoming exclusives? Xbox 360 is up, but I would've expected more considering this is around the number it's been hovering at for a few months (no holiday boost for MS?)

What's going on in Japan?

The world is at its greatest moments right now.

Hyruken said:
colonelstubbs said:
Is the PS3 going to be stuck around the 30,000 mark forever?

This time last year it was selling average of 50k (in fact over 60k for the same week last year). Think we thought it would stay that high forever back then!

On an interesting point it is quite funny reading peoples views on Japan. A few months back when 360 was in front people were saying "Japan is dead sales wise now", but because the PS3 is back ahead of it selling 100% less then this time last year it is now "Japan is turning to the PS3". You have to laugh :)

So? PSP and Wii are down a lot more but you only notice PS3 numbers. Heck, even DS is down with new model.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
DMeisterJ said:
Dodece said:
Given these sales the 360 will probably pass a million units sold when Star Ocean 4 launches on the console in the middle of February. How about that the game will probably pop up the sales, and break that milestone for Microsoft. What fun would that be Microsoft should reach a million before Sony reaches three million. A small achievement, but an interesting one.

Wouldn't the achievement be if MS passed 1 mil before Sony?

Sorry, I just don't see the achievement in passing a mil when you're selling 1/3 of what your competitor is.

:|

When 5 years ago the Xbox was selling 1/70th of the PS2 it is an achievement.

Of course it's better than the original XBOX, but let's not mince words here, Sony really killed any shot of PS3 doing good in Japan. 

It's good that it crosses a million, and much better than the original XBOX, obviously, and I'd never discount that.  But the PS3 is doing crap. 

KillerMan said:
Hyruken said:
colonelstubbs said:
Is the PS3 going to be stuck around the 30,000 mark forever?

This time last year it was selling average of 50k (in fact over 60k for the same week last year). Think we thought it would stay that high forever back then!

On an interesting point it is quite funny reading peoples views on Japan. A few months back when 360 was in front people were saying "Japan is dead sales wise now", but because the PS3 is back ahead of it selling 100% less then this time last year it is now "Japan is turning to the PS3". You have to laugh :)

So? PSP and Wii are down a lot more but you only notice PS3 numbers. Heck, even DS is down with new model.

Check the rest of this thread.... PS3 and Wii are down almost the same percentage from last year.

SHMUPGurus said:
DKHustlin said:

Nice nintendo numbers. They crazy.

Agreed, they.

They sho is.

Nintendo continues to dominate Japan.

How the hell is PS3 STILL outselling 360 in Japan?

I hope that the ps3 will remain in the 30k range ... But it's terrible to see japanese market, everything is down compared to last year!