By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - WHy is VGC sending me to other sites.

I haven't seen any rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes it's when I first arrive, and other times it's after a while of browsing the forums.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

Around the Network

I'll post what I normally do.

If you use FF and install no-script, but then set "allow scripts globally" you will have disabled XSS (Cross site scripting) which is how these viruses attack users. Everything will appear the same way it did before, but your computer will be hundreds of times safer.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I am currently in the Netherlands. Now i am all for ads, and will often look through the sites advertising, if only out of a sense of loyalty to this site.

But the last few days i've on VGChartz, an ad starts playing (only audio for some sort of internet provider). This means any time i am watching a trailer for a game on VGchartz, music starts playing and some dutch man starts speaking for 30 minutes continuously and does so for the remainder of your stay on a certain screen whilst interviewing people with very high pitched voices.

Somehow, the ad is nowhere to be seen on the site, only heard. No offense, but this is really irritating and intrusive. I would not be surprised if it is some sort of hack as this is a very bad, irritating, almost amateurish commercial.

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

ps. Have a mac (safari) and no problem with pop ups, or even ads appearing on any other site, so i doubt its my computer.

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

You probably have pop up windows blocked, like I do in Safari