By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - WHy is VGC sending me to other sites.

You guys need to find a new way of advertising because I cannot even type before I'm being prompted to another site. Fix this site.

Around the Network

get ff and some sort of addon

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:

shouldn't have to...the ads on this site are getting stupid.  I understand you have to make money, but this is pushing it overboard.  I still get the 'warning' page citing a 'bad or malicious' IP due to ads.  A couple months ago, the advertising was fine..what's wrong with how it was then?

Phrancheyez said:
kirby007 said:

shouldn't have to...the ads on this site are getting stupid.  I understand you have to make money, but this is pushing it overboard.  I still get the 'warning' page citing a 'bad or malicious' IP due to ads.  A couple months ago, the advertising was fine..what's wrong with how it was then?

I think this makes more money?

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Phrancheyez said:
kirby007 said:

so..it's ok to fuck my pc up as long as he's making a little more money?  great..

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
Phrancheyez said:
kirby007 said:

Yes, yes it does. It seems to work for every other site I visit. They don't risk losing people leaving the sites due to annoying ads. Personally, I don't use ad blocking software. If the site has a modest amount of ads, I am more than happy to tolerate them. Heck, I even click on an ad every few days if I really like the site.

Good news Everyone!

I've invented a device which makes you read this in your head, in my voice!

I still get the malicious add warning, and on occasion my browser crashes and I have to restart my computer.  Only when I am here does this happen :( 

Chrome, and Firefox both do it.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

and when you get/encounter the add/evil software make a screenshot and post it here and/or send it to talonman/ioi

Beware of the popup add when you visit front page that covers the screen for 10 seconds.  Clicking the X to close the window has prompted my antivirus 3x that I was infected with the gadcom trojan.  I can not say 100% that it was from that but the last occaision this was the only site I visited that day.  Just a precuation, let the add timer end instead of trying to close.

Bboid said:

Beware of the popup add when you visit front page that covers the screen for 10 seconds.  Clicking the X to close the window has prompted my antivirus 3x that I was infected with the gadcom trojan.  I can not say 100% that it was from that but the last occaision this was the only site I visited that day.  Just a precuation, let the add timer end instead of trying to close.

Now that is just nasty come on VGC. I've been getting some weird malware stuff pop up as well.