By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Red Ringed Xbox 360s Still Dog Microsoft

mrstickball said:
megaman2 said:
mrstickball said:
So what's fair and balanced about you saying 'RRoD won't go away', when it's pretty obvious it has on any newly purchased console in the past year+?

Have you ever bothered to research the causes of RRoD? There's a reason for these horror stories, but I question if your 'fair and balanced view' ever took it into consideration.

Even the newer models unfortunately are stil a victim of the rrod, the newer models have only reduced the failure rate however the problem is still there.

I take everything into consideration before posting my findings and my information has been both fair and balanced

References used to conclude my on going investigation

http://news.filefront.com/gdc-2008-red-ring-of-death-strikes-again/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28284375/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/2008/02/red_ring_of_death_returns.html

Ya know, random stories about how an Xbox 360 died at GDC almost a year ago really shouldn't cut it for informative reporting.

Here's the only one you need:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13988512&postcount=9403

In the figures so far are 1339 dead / replaced 360s, 26 of which were falcon models.

This Month

RRoD: 42
Other Red Light: 7
Drive: 4
Freezing: 3
PSU: 1
Video: 1

17 of the 22 refurb failures were due to RRoD.

Overall Falcon Issues
RRoD: 12
DOA: 5
1RL: 4
Video: 4
Freezing: 1

There you go. How does that look to you? 26 repaired Falcons, with 12 being RRoD (he's updated the post since I last saw it). Almost 1,000 unique X360 death reports since Falcon's launched, with Falcon issues (RRoD and otherwise) consisting of under 3% of all console failures.

Unless you dislike such a robust aggregation system, I fail to see how random postings of the GDC issue and the joke article you published really make for 'fair and balanced' anything.

Your sample size is pretty small for the purposes of anything truly conclusive , useless even.

Around the Network

More garbage from everyones favourite site.......... News for sony defence force.... oops.... i mean news for gamers aka N4G

mrstickball said:
megaman2 said:
mrstickball said:
So what's fair and balanced about you saying 'RRoD won't go away', when it's pretty obvious it has on any newly purchased console in the past year+?

Have you ever bothered to research the causes of RRoD? There's a reason for these horror stories, but I question if your 'fair and balanced view' ever took it into consideration.

Even the newer models unfortunately are stil a victim of the rrod, the newer models have only reduced the failure rate however the problem is still there.

I take everything into consideration before posting my findings and my information has been both fair and balanced

References used to conclude my on going investigation

http://news.filefront.com/gdc-2008-red-ring-of-death-strikes-again/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28284375/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/2008/02/red_ring_of_death_returns.html

Ya know, random stories about how an Xbox 360 died at GDC almost a year ago really shouldn't cut it for informative reporting.

Here's the only one you need:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13988512&postcount=9403

In the figures so far are 1339 dead / replaced 360s, 26 of which were falcon models.

This Month

RRoD: 42
Other Red Light: 7
Drive: 4
Freezing: 3
PSU: 1
Video: 1

17 of the 22 refurb failures were due to RRoD.

Overall Falcon Issues
RRoD: 12
DOA: 5
1RL: 4
Video: 4
Freezing: 1

There you go. How does that look to you? 26 repaired Falcons, with 12 being RRoD (he's updated the post since I last saw it). Almost 1,000 unique X360 death reports since Falcon's launched, with Falcon issues (RRoD and otherwise) consisting of under 3% of all console failures.

Unless you dislike such a robust aggregation system, I fail to see how random postings of the GDC issue and the joke article you published really make for 'fair and balanced' anything.

^Looking at the sheer amount of problems associated with the Xbox 360, how can Microsoft justify selling a product known to so many problems. A customer buying a $199 product should receive the quality associated with the price tag. Am I roght Mrstickball.

Fumanchu -

So if I wanted to post an article retarded, rehashed arguments against the PS3 like 'it has no games' or 'it's a sinking ship'...I should be allowed to, and not be questioned about the logic behind it?

Megaman is free to post anything he wants. But that doesn't mean that he can get away with posting something dumb, either. I haven't locked the thread, so it's not like I'm preventing the posting of his article. I am merely providing the other side of the argument - that shows that the argument he's trying to make (X360's still RRoD) is very skewed against reality. I provided HARD DATA as opposed to news articles showing the actual aggregate decreases in X360 hardware malfunctions that started a year ago. He has provided........What again?

Also, posting on a specific console's forum to incite negative reactions (last I checked) was called "flamebaiting" and usually results in a ban.

His moderation history on VGC is incredibly long, and has been banned 6 times since September, so it's not like him trolling/flamebaiting is an old thing....So how am I supposed to react? Let it go while he posts junk, and not reply with data?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

seece said:
I'm sure colonelstubbs will be enjoying his NEW and MORE RELIABLE Xbox 360 this christmas going into the new year then easter!

I'm pretty sure you do hope some Xbox 360's do RROD on people this christmas just so you can post this crap again, news flash! Xbox's 360's will be RROD' for years to come while there are still launch models out there.

That was uncalled for if you state something make sure you have something conclusive to back it up, don't make foolish accusations!

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:
More garbage from everyones favourite site.......... News for sony defence force.... oops.... i mean news for gamers aka N4G

N4G...roflol...that site is about worthless...the Foxnews of gaming.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

megaman2 said:

^Looking at the sheer amount of problems associated with the Xbox 360, how can Microsoft justify selling a product known to so many problems. A customer buying a $199 product should receive the quality associated with the price tag. Am I roght Mrstickball.

Megaman...Do you realize that the $199 product is not getting the same console (internally) they were 3 years ago? That's the argument I'm providing.

A Xbox 360 console bought in November 2005 had a 25-30% chance of failure.

A Xbox 360 console bought in November 2007 had a 5-7% chance of failure (or less)

An Xbox 360 console bought today, most likely, has a lower chance of failure, and even the Falcons were within simiar reliability rates as Playstation 3s.

@ Million - I understand 1,330 Xbox 360's is hardly enough to paint a perfect picture...But I tend to think it's better than any evidence Megaman has put forth.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Fumanchu -

So if I wanted to post an article retarded, rehashed arguments against the PS3 like 'it has no games' or 'it's a sinking ship'...I should be allowed to, and not be questioned about the logic behind it?

Megaman is free to post anything he wants. But that doesn't mean that he can get away with posting something dumb, either. I haven't locked the thread, so it's not like I'm preventing the posting of his article. I am merely providing the other side of the argument - that shows that the argument he's trying to make (X360's still RRoD) is very skewed against reality. I provided HARD DATA as opposed to news articles showing the actual aggregate decreases in X360 hardware malfunctions that started a year ago. He has provided........What again?

Also, posting on a specific console's forum to incite negative reactions (last I checked) was called "flamebaiting" and usually results in a ban.

His moderation history on VGC is incredibly long, and has been banned 6 times since September, so it's not like him trolling/flamebaiting is an old thing....So how am I supposed to react? Let it go while he posts junk, and not reply with data?

There really is no need for that. many others have done that very thing already

Thread duplication is never good lol

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

mrstickball said:
Fumanchu -

Im posting fair and balanced information, no need to bring my record in to this, this thread in no way incites negative reaction last time I checked we were having a civilised conversation. Im not posting junk but informative information. Keep it clean Mrstickball no need to insult me

megaman2 said:
seece said:
I'm sure colonelstubbs will be enjoying his NEW and MORE RELIABLE Xbox 360 this christmas going into the new year then easter!

I'm pretty sure you do hope some Xbox 360's do RROD on people this christmas just so you can post this crap again, news flash! Xbox's 360's will be RROD' for years to come while there are still launch models out there.

That was uncalled for if you state something make sure you have something conclusive to back it up, don't make foolish accusations!

I have a gut feeling, good enough for me, so sue me!