By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii has outsold PSP

As for the various food comparisons( which are still pretty close, it's all food for crying out loud), They're all game devices vying for developer resources. And we know that the Wii is going to see increasing developer support. So where is it all going to come from? Companies are still making money on the HD consoles *if not as much as they'd all like* so how about those tams working on PSP games?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

One by one, Wii is passing all previous consoles, soon enough it will be the highest selling piece of hardware of all time

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

frybread said:

Wii zooms to within a bumper of PSP's stolen vehicle, then masterfully does a jump-turn to the left lane before colliding. As Wii passes, PSP rolls down the window and a voice yells, "yoooouuuuu aaaAAAARREEE FOR BAAAABIIIEEEEeeeeessssssss"

The imagery on this made me laugh pretty hard.

Well, the Wii has taken away another method for Sony to spin things in their favour.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

kylohk said:
Well, the Wii has taken away another method for Sony to spin things in their favour.

Ya.... Because everyone is saying "well, the PSP has sold more than the Wii"

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Does this mean PSP fails as a handheld since a home console slightly passes it?

*Looks at Dissidia: Final Fantasy* ... Uhhhhmmmmm ..... >_>

The Gameboy Advance wasn't a failure and the PS2 outsold it.  I'm guessing no.

I never knew that. but i see your point. okay then lol.

Amazing achievement , but can Wii pass PSP in japan? My guess is not.

I dont think sony will be too gutted at this...

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Khuutra said:
frybread said:

Wii zooms to within a bumper of PSP's stolen vehicle, then masterfully does a jump-turn to the left lane before colliding. As Wii passes, PSP rolls down the window and a voice yells, "yoooouuuuu aaaAAAARREEE FOR BAAAABIIIEEEEeeeeessssssss"

The imagery on this made me laugh pretty hard.

That's AWESOME!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
zleep said:
Not yet, the PSP will make a comeback, it will sell more than 10 million in the Americas this week extending its lead once again. Misleading title, should I report?

How is it misleading...... It will outsell thePSP ...

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits