By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Prime 3: The Anti-Hype - IGN Article

I think the fact that sthis thread is on the second page so fast means there is a good amount of hype without a lot of ads.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

A lot of gamers already know about this title don't worry. But still... outside hype is needed to longer the game' shelf life.

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers

Well I think advertisment will just a week before the game is released, the Nintendo faithfull will know about this game and will pick it up early. After that they will use it in advertisment more heavily to keep the legs going. Of course this is just speculation.

But it could be a good idea or am I totally wrong now?

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

ckmlb said:
routsounmanman said:
ckmlb said:
routsounmanman said:
leo-j said:

Sales-> Halo

Quality-> Metroid

Hype-> Killzone

You can predict the future?

Can you tell me when the world will end?

Whoa, calm dow, man. Only speculating! sheeeesh...

You stated it as fact.

No where did he say that was a fact. He merely presented an idea which by default of being a prediction to begin with should have make it perfectly clear to you that it was an opinion. Why are you being so hostile on the matter? People are going to have varying opinions on different issues and unless you're going to attack every person who presents an opinion in this manner, then you have no right to act like this is a rule you can assert. You're clearly just singling out someone who said something you personally didn't like or strongly dissagreed with and are now trying to use rhetoric to justify your reckless attack.

For one I agree with him. Halo will most likely have the sales. Metroid Prime will have the Quality. Killzone2 will have the most hype and I'm sorry, it will not have the sales Halo will and if its anything like Killzone1, it will not have the quality either. That is my opinion by the way, just so you don't mistake it for a "fact".

We can all agree to dissagree and live in peace on this forum.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

gamer9851 said:
We have a competition in our store, Pre-order the game and you have a chance to win a statue of Samus in the same position she have in your sig Ben.

It's not big, but it's working.

You mean this one?

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

Probably that's the one he means. I will buy it when I have the money for sure.

Oh and leo-j... you're so right. I will choose quality over hype/sales ANY time. Fact.

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers
ckmlb said:
routsounmanman said:
ckmlb said:
routsounmanman said:
leo-j said:

Sales-> Halo

Quality-> Metroid

Hype-> Killzone

You can predict the future?

Can you tell me when the world will end?

Whoa, calm dow, man. Only speculating! sheeeesh...

You stated it as fact.

And you bashed me. Anyway, sorry if I sounded absolute.

yes I was talking about this one.

And for knowledge, we have receive a message from the office, it was saying that we are supposed to receive from Nintendo many promo advert. before saturday ( standees, posters, over-sized box, DVD sleeves and promotional ad ), enough that if you don't see the word Metroid when you enter the store, it's because you are blind.

Gamertag : Dark Red Icarus  

Gamerscore : 29000!!!! still growing

PSN ID : Gamer9851

Now Playing : Soul Calibur 4 and World of Warcraft

I just wanna say one thing: Nintendo hasn't been advertising ANY games have they? I think they feel bad advertising the games when people can't even buy their Wii system in stores.

Why are there people changing the words I said?

Qualty watever etc.. I didnt say that, whats wrong with you people lol

mM