By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FF: Dissidia First Impressions

Remaking VI (or even VII) on the HD consoles might be a bit expensive, but it's hard to say. Square-Enix does a lot of weird stuff.

Around the Network

@Kuutra- So true eh? Square Enix works very oddly to the point they'll bankrupt them-selves. >_

Khuutra said:
Does each character have their own story they go through, or is it just individual endings?

Are there unlockable characters that you have heard of?

Wow you guys really wanna know more.. Ok then.

Each character plays apart to the overall main story (good guys to the light story, bad guys to the bad story). They have their own cutscenes and final boss. For example its clearly obvious who Cloud's final boss fight is.

Now i havent completed the whole game yet. At the moment all i can access is the Cosmos side. Im assuming when you finish it with the good guys then the bad guys story opens up. However thats only an assumption.

There are alot of unlockable characters which you need Pokke Points to buy them. You earn PP points through playing the game and in VS cpu mode as well. You got the main good guy and main bad guy from each FF series and some surprises like FF's MMO and others.

@Seraphic - At the moment it doesnt look like it.

A wet dream of mine would be a FFVI remake on PS3 using Amano's original artwork and animating it ala Valkyria Chronicles, making it into a watercolor-esque visual style, and then redoing all of Uematsu's music in an orchestral soundtrack. Could you imagine the Opera scene done like that? It wouldn't leave a dry eye in the house.

Some of Amano's drawings and concepts for FFVI

Game of the Year right there.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

Omg it sounds awesome.

Lol even though cloud bugs me now an days, ill most likely end up using him first like you man. :P

@Seraphic - Honestly if Zack an option at the start then id be using him.

Though i still get all gitty like a school kid on the final battle with Cloud vs Sephiroth and that music is playing.. you know the one.. "Sephiroth!! dun dun Sephiroth!!" hehe

A interesting and recomended read for kefka lovers, I just found this from "final Fantasy wiki" (didn't know that existed), his entry.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Kefka_Palazzo

Alot of interesting things, even some stuff I didn't know. Such as the fact that the final battle is meant to parallel The Divine Comedy, which is insanely bad ass and incredibly apropos.

A cool read, but with a few spoilers. But if you don't want to wait and find and then play through the whole game it's a good way to see what all the fuss is about.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

*Reads Review*

I sense a disturbance in my pants.

4 ≈ One

damn, if I could buy this Kefka statue I would in a heartbeat...except my wife would no doubt make me put it in a box, in the closet and never speak of it again....still...