By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Any console ever had an higher fail rate than 360?

megaman2 said:
thekitchensink said:
As much as I love the 360, it probably has the highest failure rate of any piece of consumer electronics, ever.

I agree with this statement, hopefully it will be fixed.

Didn't you hear?  They fixed it after the initial run.  Then they fixed it with the elites, and after that with the Falcon chips.  But don't worry, it's fixed now with the Jasper chips.  And next time they'll fix it with something else.  'Cuz when Microsoft fixes something, it stays fixed ...

"This is the deep-dish, delicious irony endured by the Nintendo stalwart: to see their platform of choice ascendant, even as their bright God turns his face away."

Tycho Brahe

Around the Network
matt247 said:
PS1, NES

I wouldn't say the NES had a high failure rate, it was just finicky. 

thekitchensink said:
As much as I love the 360, it probably has the highest failure rate of any piece of consumer electronics, ever.

Then you have to meet my hairdryers... 3 gone already...

kowenicki said:

On topic. I guess not.. so?   Just imagine if the RROD hadnt happened... it would have sold even more.

If the RRoD never happened, then the 360 wouldn't have been released so early.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Failure rates are measured in percentage of failures per year. A third of launch units failed per year, a vast majority of launch 360s have since failed at least once.

PS2 failures were far less frequent as well as less severe (usually a loose screw). Have you heard of someone who has broken over 12 PS2s within the first three years on the market? Of course not, the same cannot be said about the 360.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

I doubt it. The number of failures is insanely high.

Interestingly, the 360 RROD is the first thing to ever go wrong with any of my consoles.

Maybe the controllers on the Atari 5200, those things dropped like flies.

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

more than 4 million actually...the CURRENT projected fail rate is 16%, but it was upwards of 33% when it first released...

wow 4 million is a pretty big number.

yeah i herd it was around 32%
anyways after reading about mircosoft already knowing about the problems the 360 had before it was released i am glad i chose the ps3 as my hd next gen system.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/12/15/unsealed-docs-suggest-microsoft-knew-about-360s-disc-scratching/

hello how are you.