By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is WM+ The Reason There are No Nintendo Games?

WM+ = Wii Motion PLUS. For those that don't know what this is, here and enjoy:

So yes, it's 1:1 motion on the Wii using the Wii Remote.

This got me thinking: If Nintendo hasn't released any major games, it's for a reason. Sure, they don't need to do this, but they sure as hell aren't going to be dissapointing everyine with lausy 3rd party games. Only a few desserve great mention.

Now, when Wii Motion PLUS was announced, they said it would be a new standard. There's the answere, or aleast what I can comeup with.

First-party games are being developed by Nintendo using the Wii Motion PLUS, this is why they aren't announcing them yet. After they release Wii Sports Resorts, they'll be announcing a load of First-party-developed games. We can expect, as of now, a new Zelda game. Imagine using Link¡s sword at own will. Next up is another Mario game. What they would do with this one is beyong me, but Nintendo always seem to surprise us. This just kept me thinking on the possibilities, Star Wars games, FPS, Metroid Prime 4, Star Fox game (using the Controller sideways to control the Arwing), etc.

If you notice something, Wii Sports was bundled with the Wii and this helped not only the sales, but the gamers and developers as well. Gamers have noticed that Wii Sports helped them get used to the new control scheme (I know it helped me, this is why I'm not guesing, rather stating) and it helped developers to see the many ways the Wii Remote could get used. Wii Sports Resorts will do just that, all over again. Since it's being bundled with WM+, the game will most likely help us get used to this new 1:1 motion the WM+ brings with it. After that, developers will start using the WM+ as a new standard, meaning that future games will drop the Wii Remote without the PLUS and start using them in all their games. After all, some developers already are working with the WM+ (The Conduit will use it).

This is why I conclude that Nintendo has yet to announce new games and that when Wii Sports Resorts is released, we'll see an avalanche of new titles both from Nintendo and 3rd Party developers.

What do you guys think? Can this be the reason or the reason is simply holding off until Wii demand slows down?

Around the Network

I'm sure Nintendo has quite a few releases linec up for release after Wii motion plus.

I honestly think I won't be able to enjoy WiiSports: Resort!

Allthough I could get why someone would love this! And it seems as if the swordfighting is better then the boxing in Wii Sports, but not as intuitive as it COULD be!

THE NETHERLANDS

Good analysis--I agree. I don't think a Star Fox game would require it, as the 'mote on its' own already has good tilt sensors. However, it's a very likely story, as Nintendo recently stated that they have ~100 games in development. Granted, that's split between Wii and DS, but given that very few of those games will be coming out before M+, it's pretty much a given that many will take advantage of it.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Want Fight Night 4 on Wii with 1:1 punches and balance board support. That's all I ask from EA.

Around the Network
One_touch_KO said:
Want Fight Night 4 on Wii with 1:1 punches and balance board support. That's all I ask from EA.

Don't hold your breath...

A bit off topic, but why would you want to hold the controller sideways in a Star Fox game which you could hold it like a flight stick?

Anyway, that aside, I'm in agreement with most of the things you said. WM+ is going to change how games are played on the Wii and they are holding games back for it. 1st and 3rd party both, no doubt.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

I just thought of something. with the motion+ on the controller you won't be able to play games with it tilted on its side like a NES controller anymore. cuz your right is gonna be blocked from holding on to the side and pressing the buttons by the motion+ add-on. i guess you could still do it but it'll be really awkward. so they can't actually have any games that require motion+ be played like that.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

Announced so far is Punchout Wii and Sin & Punishment 2. Both logically could benefit from WM+ although it's been confirmed in neither. So that's definately a possibility and would make sense to do so.

Likely Nintendo will do a conference in Q1 showing off SWR and other games using WM+ coming Q2,3,4. If this is the case we'll see more of PO, S&P2, and likely Conduit, Red Steel 2, EA Tennis and more.

Don't expect Zelda though, that'll be holiday '09 at best.

But a Starfox 64 remake would be great.

i'm more thinking there just waiting for the demand to slow imo.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k