By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tekken and soul calibur comes home!

Soul Calibur, Tekken PS Home lounge coming to Japan

Posted on December 17th, 2008 at 15:25

Fancy having a friendly natter with fellow Home users in a lounge decorated by various characters plucked from Namco Bandai’s illustrious career? Well, you’re in luck – that is, if you happen to reside in Japan.

The Japanese giant announced today that, starting tomorrow, PlayStation Home users in the Land of the Rising Sun will be able to enjoy casual banter in a specially customized lounge fitted with image of Soul Calibur, Tekken and Ridge Racer.

This area will also play host to various arcade machines, allowing eager fans to have a crack at some Namco retro delights, such as those seen cropping up at the start of old PlayStation titles.

In addition, the company will also be flogging merchandise to users, including the obligatory Pac-Man t-shirts, while Nippon Chi will be churning out Disgaea-themed avatars.

Check out some snapshots below.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice. I look forward to checking out the tekken lounge :P

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

Wow, good incentive. I love Tekken and RR.

Cool, I hope it will come in europe very soon!

good stuff...more like this please

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Would be cool if there was an arcade stuff where you can play the first ridge racer and the first tekken ^^

Around the Network

"This area will also play host to various arcade machines, allowing eager fans to have a crack at some Namco retro delights, such as those seen cropping up at the start of old PlayStation titles."

Methinks we can play!

this is the kinda thing they can keep adding, i know many people hate home especially ppl who dontlike sony. but at end of day its worth having a log on now and then like i do

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Gosh! that's great!!!

There should be 2 player on those "arcades"... man... it's been long since I've pwned at Tekken 2... the game that introduced me to Tekken..

Never played tekken 2, I started the serie with tekken 3! This would be a real pleasure to discover the first one!