By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why are PS3 owners really bothered about the PS3 being in 3rd , seriously ?

dharh said:
I'm wouldn't be if it weren't for the fact that developers make less games for the PS3 because its in third place and multi-platform games are getting shafted on the PS3. Despite being the best system out this gen, the price point is screwing gamers.

that part - my epeen doesn't much care about sales but every time a multiplat ends up glitchier on the ps3 i shead a small tear.

Around the Network

Its an investment and pride thing. You pay a lot you expect a lot. PS3 being hot means you are hot. But for the most part, Sony fans/users were always first to the party (sort of speak) in terms of support and effort. Now that Sony is in last place, developers (some third and second parties) obviously are not trying very hard since its not the main focus anymore.  Probably as many bad ports on the system as there is shovelware on the Wii.

Then again, probably not.

My investment is fine. In fact, having the rare model of an original 60gig PS3 that play PS2 games is now a gem and probably a collector's item. Only time will tell if the system will go down as the slow starter or a big expensive flop. Either way for me its still worth every penny to me so far.

I'm just saying...

Skeeuk said:
twesterm said:
People are upset because they don't have the best*

*Assuming you categorize the best as best in sales

well u cant play sales only games.

sales are for gloating tbh with you.

if for example ps3 does finish 3rd, as far as im concerned its still been the best console this gen for me, a lot of people dont understand that on this site, you choose what you want to play on either system. if you like one better than other because it has the games you want to play, thats what its about.

all im bothered about is the best games which imo ps3 will come through best

anyone who disagrees with the red bold is a fanboy..........

I'm not saying that's how I think, I just believe that's how the typical fanboy who gets upset at all the Sony doom and gloom threads floating around.

I'm a big believer in just play the games the you want and some random user talking shit about your console or games on an internet forum shouldn't affect the enjoyment of your games in any way at all.

I'm not bothered about the PS3 being in 3rd, just as i'm not rubbing in anyone's faces about the Wii being 1st, and i don't get elitist talking about my rig specs...

I only worry with the games...

part of the problem is you hear "exclusive" or "timed-exclusive" blah blah from Microsoft. this is causing ps3 owners to get all paranoid that their system will eventually only have 1st party support or second rate ports from the 360.

i think you're wrong about ps3 owners not appreciating the 1st party support they're getting because they're brilliant games and it's really the only "in your face" bit we have over Microsoft - it's just that we don't get to say it more often.

Around the Network
megaman2 said:
twesterm said:

Ps3 is $399  - Xbox 360 $199

I highly doubt  the Xbox 360 priced at $399 would sell even half as well as the ps3.

Even before the $199 360 when the cheapest 360 was $280, it was still selling neck and neck with the PS3, so dont even start your lame defense crap.

PREDICTIONS:
360 will outsell PS3 YTD for 2008. (CHECK!)
360 will have the best showing at E3 & TGS in 2009
2009 will be another year for the 360 over PS3
End OF 2009 SALES :: 360 - 40M;  PS3 - 30M; Wii - 70M

Zombl337 said:
megaman2 said:
twesterm said:

Ps3 is $399  - Xbox 360 $199

I highly doubt  the Xbox 360 priced at $399 would sell even half as well as the ps3.

Even before the $199 360 when the cheapest 360 was $280, it was still selling neck and neck with the PS3, so dont even start your lame defense crap.

i wonder if we can get a comparison of elite boxes versus ps3.

twesterm said:
Skeeuk said:
twesterm said:

well u cant play sales only games.

sales are for gloating tbh with you.

if for example ps3 does finish 3rd, as far as im concerned its still been the best console this gen for me, a lot of people dont understand that on this site, you choose what you want to play on either system. if you like one better than other because it has the games you want to play, thats what its about.

all im bothered about is the best games which imo ps3 will come through best

anyone who disagrees with the red bold is a fanboy..........

I'm not saying that's how I think, I just believe that's how the typical fanboy who gets upset at all the Sony doom and gloom threads floating around.

I'm a big believer in just play the games the you want and some random user talking shit about your console or games on an internet forum shouldn't affect the enjoyment of your games in any way at all.

agreed.

i also lol at some replys that come forward on the ps3/360 doom and gloom threads ppl act as if thier lifes are dependant on it. sales dont go in your hands but games do.

the only time i knew how much xbox 1 ps2 and gamecube sold was when i first started surfing VGchartz. so sales is a bit of fun really and gloating if anything. its not 100% important to your gaming.

i can give an example that my friends keep telling me im mad, i play "initial D extreme stage" on ps3, shit reviews shit sales, but guess what i like the game..................so thats what really matters at end of day just play the games you like.

nobody can say ps360wii wont have any good games for thier respected users. but i think the twoing and froing will keep on, on this site.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Are PS3 lovers the biggest suckers in the world?

The PS3 launches at $500/$600 dollars on promises of being a superior gaming console than the competition. Why? Blu-ray and the Cell. Sony says to fans "Sorry but if you want a PS3 you MUST pay extra money for a media format because we will profit from it in the the future." Sony fans not only buy the console anyway but actually support this horrible decision, even though it was a slap in the face to them and the people who were only interested in playing games on their gaming console. I don't know about you guys but when someone flips me the bird, I flip it back.

- Sony decides to include the Cell processor in the PS3, giving the middle finger to all the devs who wanted an easy platform to develop games on. Not only is it a pain in the butt to develop for but it takes twice as long. What this means is, the fans (you) have to wait longer for your games and most develpoers have decided to go multiplatform because the Cell takes too much time and money too actually develop for. Not only that but the format requires MANDATORY installs for its games and the Cell has yet to prove its superiority over the Xbox's CPU. Sony fans still support this horrible decision.

- Sony decides to make PSN a free service. While this may seem great on the surface, there are repercussions for these actions. Sony forces the developers to run their own servers. Again making the developers lives even more troublesome then they already are after the horrble developing times. When the devs arent happy, you arent happy. Devs have to decided to switch consoles, more games go multiplat, less reasons to buy a PS3. Home gets announced and pushed back for 2 years only for it to not live up to expectations, while all this time and money could have been spent on the functionality of PSN. 2 years later, cross game invites, trophies, and custom soundtracks are still not mandatory. Again Sony fans not only support this decision but defend it 'til their dying breath.

What it comes down to is: You were forced to pay extra money for features that are useless to gaming. You are getting less games than the competition because the PS3 is hard to develop for. Features that have been mandatory in the competitions console have still not been implemented on the PS3. The promises made to you about the PS3 being superior than the competition in every way have been broken, most multiplat games are equal if not better on the competitors console. PSN is nothing compared to Live even if it is free. This generation is almost over (new Xbox in 2010) and Sony fans are still waiting for a miraculous comeback. Yet after all these decisions Sony fans still support the company and refuse to except these simple facts that Sony F'ed up.

My question to you guys is: How many times does a company have to push you around before you start to push back? How long can you defend these (obviously) horrible decisions? Do you not realize this gen is almost over? Arent you sick of sticking up for a company that decided its own agenda (blu-ray) were more important then your entertainment? How can you support a company that has obviously turned it's back on you?

CMoney said:
Are PS3 lovers the biggest suckers in the world?

The PS3 launches at $500/$600 dollars on promises of being a superior gaming console than the competition. Why? Blu-ray and the Cell. Sony says to fans "Sorry but if you want a PS3 you MUST pay extra money for a media format because we will profit from it in the the future." Sony fans not only buy the console anyway but actually support this horrible decision, even though it was a slap in the face to them and the people who were only interested in playing games on their gaming console. I don't know about you guys but when someone flips me the bird, I flip it back.

- Sony decides to include the Cell processor in the PS3, giving the middle finger to all the devs who wanted an easy platform to develop games on. Not only is it a pain in the butt to develop for but it takes twice as long. What this means is, the fans (you) have to wait longer for your games and most develpoers have decided to go multiplatform because the Cell takes too much time and money too actually develop for. Not only that but the format requires MANDATORY installs for its games and the Cell has yet to prove its superiority over the Xbox's CPU. Sony fans still support this horrible decision.

- Sony decides to make PSN a free service. While this may seem great on the surface, there are repercussions for these actions. Sony forces the developers to run their own servers. Again making the developers lives even more troublesome then they already are after the horrble developing times. When the devs arent happy, you arent happy. Devs have to decided to switch consoles, more games go multiplat, less reasons to buy a PS3. Home gets announced and pushed back for 2 years only for it to not live up to expectations, while all this time and money could have been spent on the functionality of PSN. 2 years later, cross game invites, trophies, and custom soundtracks are still not mandatory. Again Sony fans not only support this decision but defend it 'til their dying breath.

What it comes down to is: You were forced to pay extra money for features that are useless to gaming. You are getting less games than the competition because the PS3 is hard to develop for. Features that have been mandatory in the competitions console have still not been implemented on the PS3. The promises made to you about the PS3 being superior than the competition in every way have been broken, most multiplat games are equal if not better on the competitors console. PSN is nothing compared to Live even if it is free. This generation is almost over (new Xbox in 2010) and Sony fans are still waiting for a miraculous comeback. Yet after all these decisions Sony fans still support the company and refuse to except these simple facts that Sony F'ed up.

My question to you guys is: How many times does a company have to push you around before you start to push back? How long can you defend these (obviously) horrible decisions? Do you not realize this gen is almost over? Arent you sick of sticking up for a company that decided its own agenda (blu-ray) were more important then your entertainment? How can you support a company that has obviously turned it's back on you?

no disrespect meant but i was only able to skim your post (it's quite long), so if there's any points that you've stated that already answer back... sorry.

i love bluray. i'm one of those people fooling themselves that can see a difference between upscaled vs true HD quality (i'm also one of those that loved betamax over vhs).

to be honest, i don't care that developers are being forced to work/think harder. they aren't making games (other than that crazy brain age guy and maybe miyamato) for our enjoyment - they're doing it for a pay check. the emotion engine was difficult to program for initially but everyone was able to produce games.

home... well, it is what it is. i agree that it's pretty slim pickings for something that's been in development for that long (why didn't they just strip everquest and put new texture maps to make everything look like a city). hopefully it will get better as it grows. some creepy person invited me to be their friend... and i accepted out of fear that they would dance me to death. can i block users from seeing me online without cancelling friendship? err... if you're reading this then i'm just joking.