By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Peter Molyneux to keynote GDC09

Peter Molyneux has been installed a keynote speaker at GDC09 titled 'Lionhead's Experiments Revealed'. This virtually confirms that we will be hearing about the secret project thats been in development at Lionhead that PM's been raving about, and hopefully news on the next instalment in a familiar Molyneux franchise.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/peter-molyneux-to-keynote-gdc-09

I think this starts the round of announcements MS is going to make for the 360 and be more forward looking - games that are coming out in 2009-2010. I also think they are going to break into the MMO mold more substantially - with APB, Age of Conan, Champions Online, Huxley - and I wouldnt put it past them to secure Star Trek Online and Star Wars TOR. This follows from Phil Spencer's comments on what they are planning for E309.

In terms of predicted announcements for 2009, I reckon there would be updates on Forza, Halo, Mass Effect and the next Rare games.

Around the Network

Oooh! Can't wait to see what Project X is.

I wasnt sure whether it was Project X or Project Dmitri or whether those names have been canned - so just called it a secret project :)

I think the story is that Dmitri was scrapped, but Project X incorporates significant elements of Dmitri.

Hmmmm...interesting...maybe it's a fable mmo..lol.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

Peter is probably going to talk about their "secret project no one else has done" that he has mentioned many times over the past few months.

Fable 3 for 2010?

Peter has said they have more than 1 game being made and by the look of the title for the GDC keynote you may hear about both of them.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

What about BC? Regardless, should be interesting to see what Pete has been up to.

Lionhead is really busy at the moment.

• They gave us Fable2, which was a great game. (Peter delivered!)
  • The Fable2 DLC coming 22nd December
  • Two new games in development.

nice to see.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...