By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I'm lowering my opening week predictions for WKC

dolemit3 said:
I doubt the score will have an effect... at all.

I agree.  Though it is good you lowered your expectations. 

They were probably a little high considering Level 5's PS2 sales.

These are probably a little low.

Level 5 has ranged from 90 to like... 230....

A good 170K-200K is probaly what i'd guess if i had a gun to my head.

Around the Network

Considering IU did just as well even with the crap Fumitsu score, I'll stick with my original prediction of 200k-250k first Week, although this might effect the LTD sale somewhat...

If this game gets outsold by Gundam Musou 2, I will cry.

I'm seeing a 113,274 first 3 days. After that, it will go on to sell a healthy 146,373 in its first week. Won't be too bad. I still have a bit of faith in the game.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

What's WKC?

This is invisible text!

I don't think it'd have that much of an effect. I didn't predict this games sales, because I don't see much hype for it, and Level 5 PS2 games weren't exactly huge.

But I'd say it'd open greater than 150k.

Around the Network

Every Level 5 jrpg has the same problem. The character development always sucks. People who know about these things, like myself, tell me that they've actually upped their game with the PSP game Jean'DArc(that I never played).

However, in all likelyhood those people might just be telling me what I want to hear.

I'll explain to those who really aren't familiar with Level 5 beyond their reputation.

Their best console jrpgs are Dark Cloud 2, Rogue Galaxy, and Dragonquest VIII. These games all share the same glaring flaw that keep them from being as fondly remembered. They don't just lack character development and intrigue(ala FFXII), but they simply don't try. None of those games have any real attempt at a narrative, and it's dissapointing that a company with such a grand ability to create imaginative games, refuse to give those games at least some sort of standard interesting story.

These games aren't Zelda and Mario. They can't simply be great, while missing many modern features like those other games can.

Level 5 is a great company, but frankly, they're stubborn. Put a story in your game Level 5. That's what any jrpg audience eats up. That's why Valkyria, Disgaea, and Vesperia rocked, and why Rogue Galaxy didn't.

Let's hope they pull a JeanD'Arc and add story.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Shadowblind said:

I'm seeing a 113,274 first 3 days. After that, it will go on to sell a healthy 146,373 in its first week. Won't be too bad. I still have a bit of faith in the game.

How'd you end up with those numbers?

indodude said:
Shadowblind said:

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Shadowblind said:
indodude said:
Shadowblind said:

Post meens nothing to me becuase I can't work out what WKC is and I'm not reading all the posts on the off chance someone has bothered to put the name in full.