By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Star Ocean 4 Trailer

Looks good. I'll be in Japan when this comes out, maybe I should make friends with a Japanese kid so I can play it.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Around the Network

day 1

stof said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
stof said:

Well that didn't last long.

EDIT: Ah, there we go.

Gee, I'd never seen anything of the Star Ocean franchise before and now that I have... That is just way too anime style for me.

...are you trying to rip my heart out sir, because you've succeeded.

Oh no, I wish to leave all hearts firmly in chests, But I think we can all agree that based on these videos, ones willingness to enjoy this game is largely dependent on their ability to enjoy the more... "Self indulgent" tendencies of Anime.

I shouldn't have trouble enjoying this then since I like anime.  I even know some of the reviewers like verious IGN and 1UP staff members like anime as well.

Ok, guys. I'm not a jrpg person, but this game looks amazing. I think this will be a day one purchase for me. I have a $35 Gamestop card burning a hole in my pocket. Is there anything I should know before getting into this franchise? I'm not worried about the story since it's actually a prequel, but is there anything important I've missed out on so far?

Domicinator said:
Ok, guys. I'm not a jrpg person, but this game looks amazing. I think this will be a day one purchase for me. I have a $35 Gamestop card burning a hole in my pocket. Is there anything I should know before getting into this franchise? I'm not worried about the story since it's actually a prequel, but is there anything important I've missed out on so far?

Finally.  Someone other than me that doesn't camplain about the character designs.  Not only that, but some of the users on neogaf and GameFaqs are also saying that the cutscene direction and the English VA is bad.  I have watched trailers for this game several times each and I can't figure out why the cutscene direction is bad.  If they want bad cutscene direction, they should play Sonic and the Secret Rings.  Also, they are basing the quality of the English VA based on a few snippets we heard of it.

Around the Network
Domicinator said:

I doubt you've missed anything cause the story takes place before any of the star ocean games