By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - why does everyone think gt is overrated?

It was hyped up as being the best thing in life next to breathing. When it wasn't, and sex was declared better, it was deemed overrated.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
sega4life said:
xlost7 said:
@sega4life

Yea okay, I always thought GTA: San Andreas was the best out of the series. But you can believe GTAIV was the best if you want.

Well I was addressing the GOTY part, not what the best in the series was... don't know were you got that from.

And I will thanks for letting me.. 

lol.like I said you believe what you believe. This game indeed is not GOTY material. MGS4 is.

the story was mindblowing? it was actually pretty crappy compared to some stories in other games/movies.

xlost7 said:
sega4life said:
xlost7 said:
@sega4life

Yea okay, I always thought GTA: San Andreas was the best out of the series. But you can believe GTAIV was the best if you want.

Well I was addressing the GOTY part, not what the best in the series was... don't know were you got that from.

lol.like I said you believe what you believe. This game indeed is not GOTY material. MGS4 is.

err...umm... I know this... that's why I said "I will Thanks for letting me.."

are you reading by posts or just guessing???

Sidenote:  "This game is not GOTY materiel?"... really... it doesn't have Material to be GOTY... WOW

maybe you should stop while your behind...

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

I liked the game quite a bit, although I would like it if they added the whole Fable II aspect of interaction with the people around you.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Around the Network
SSSBOLIMAR said:

well ive been meaning to post this for a while why does everyone think that gta 4 is voerated.

The graphics were fantastic

The story was mindblowing

Liberty City is a resonable size

The missions are intense

There are many things to do in LC

There is good multiplayer!

but these are all my opions so why people why i think this is the best game in the series

I see it like this:

The graphics were good.

The story was mediocre.

The city size was about right, not too big, not too small.

About 60% of missions were stale, uninventive, predictable, and in general lackluster. 20% were mediocre. And about 20% are what I expect from a GTA game (I've thoroughly completed them all). Note this means the typical 5 to 10% "beyond what I expect" category has posted a big zilch-0-rama.

There were lots of things to do...but they are the same things that were in previous games..minus many of the best things you could do.  Jetpeck, Harrier Jet, Military Chopper, etc...Look at Saints Row 2 for those new fun inventive things I was talking about (GTA used to be about this stuff).

Multiplayer is very "meh" compared to several other games I already own and would rather play on multiplayer.

In short we've traded good graphics for ...everything else.  Pardon me while I ignore the franchise until they get their shit together.  Oh hello there Saints Row...you seem to know what I want.

/end rant

PS - Still a good game, but it's a shell of a game compared to San Andreas and Vice City.

To Each Man, Responsibility
sega4life said:
xlost7 said:
sega4life said:
xlost7 said:
@sega4life

Sidenote:  "This game is not GOTY materiel?"... really... it doesn't have Material to be GOTY... WOW

lol..dude there is not I should stop. This is no MGS4 caliber game. Its a average triple-A game nothing to spectacular. It was built on hype. Just admit it...

And you spelled material wrong. It's spelled material not materiel..lol

@Sega & Xlost,

Stop making this a personal thing, stick to the actual topic.

I know its tough folks but we can at least try to have this topic without the usual drama-whoring over opinions. Give your opinion and let others have theirs, you don't have to convince everyone.

To Each Man, Responsibility
xlost7 said:
sega4life said:
xlost7 said:
sega4life said:
xlost7 said:
@sega4life

lol..1)dude there is not I should stop. 2)This is nothing MGS4 caliber its a average triple-A game nothing to spectacular it was built on hype.

1) What?

2)   What? are you telling me now MGS4 was built on hype? but at the same time should be GOTY??.... dude.. your confusing me, so I will end this convo.

Topic: Some consider GTA4 over rated because people wanted their personnel favorite game to be the best..

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Sqrl said:
@Sega & Xlost,

Stop making this a personal thing, stick to the actual topic.

I know its tough folks but we can at least try to have this topic without the usual drama-whoring over opinions. Give your opinion and let others have theirs, you don't have to convince everyone.

lol...sorry for the long wind posts, but I was stating my opinion on the matter. I said that the game is an okay Triple-A game just not a GOTY game. It doesn't have the elements to be titled like that. I will leave the subject me and sega4life like this and he is entitled to his opinion also. I just don't appreciate how he tells me to stop before I can. As of to say my opinion isn't trust worthy or true.

The amount of threads this site went through on how this game was just built on hype and he acts like he hasn't read or let alone seen the those threads come and go.