By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is is it possible for Valkyria Chronicles to come to the 360?

Unlikely to sell on XBox 360 and it would appear 12 months later.

Around the Network

numon, but in the case of most of the PS3's JRPG library - they're willing to wait for it! And why not get some of the same love returned to the X360 :)

I mean, I'd be willing to get a year-late port of VC...I'll probably just be getting done with my JRPG backlog by then.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
numon, but in the case of most of the PS3's JRPG library - they're willing to wait for it! And why not get some of the same love returned to the X360 :)

I mean, I'd be willing to get a year-late port of VC...I'll probably just be getting done with my JRPG backlog by then.

You better buy it on xbox 360 when if it appears, because i don't want to flop on xbox360 too.

mrstickball said:
xlost - So what do you consider a bad score for Culdcept Saga?

Heck, did you even play that one?

Culdcept SAGA received a average 76% over at gamerankings.com and averaged 130k worldwide. Not that bad but considering it was a port of a PS2 version. I just didn't see this game getting anywhere. Clearly Valkyrie Chronicles is a superior SRPG and Culdcept SAGA was just a average card battle game.

Played the PS2 version and the Xbox 360 demo from Xbox Live Marketplace and was in a complete dismay considering it was downright boring. But I did enjoy Eye of Judgement. That is a good card battle game, but Culdcept SAGA wasn't my cup of tea.

xlost7 said:
mrstickball said:

Culdcept SAGA received a average 76% over at gamerankings.com and averaged 130k worldwide. Not that bad but considering it was a port of a PS2 version. I just didn't see this game getting anywhere. Clearly Valkyrie Chronicles is a superior SRPG and Culdcept SAGA was just a average card battle game.

Played the PS2 version and the Xbox 360 demo from Xbox Live Marketplace and was in a complete dismay considering it was downright boring. But I did enjoy Eye of Judgement. That is a good card battle game, but Culdcept SAGA wasn't my cup of tea.

Yet Culdcept Saga on 360 scored higher (via GameRankings) than EoJ. Guess it's different strokes for different folks. Either way, CS was great on X360....Despite the strange nature of the game.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
xlost7 said:
outlawauron said:
Mendicate Bias said:
Are you serious Crazzy? The PS3 has a massive user-base lead over the 360 in Japan, had a highly acclaimed exclusive srpg released and it still sold less than ToV, TLR and Blue Dragon. The PS3 is not the rpg seller you imagine it to be.

Oh man! Zoids: Assualt, Culdcept, Spectral Force 3, and Operation Darkness all sold less than Eternal Sonata! The 360 can't sell JRPGs!

Well Zoids: Assault, Culdcept, Spectral Force 3 and Operation Darkness were all flops. Not just in sales but review-wise also.

My reasion for that was, using some RPG that has outsold a few SRPGs is a terrible point and should never be used.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
xlost7 said:
outlawauron said:
Mendicate Bias said:
Are you serious Crazzy? The PS3 has a massive user-base lead over the 360 in Japan, had a highly acclaimed exclusive srpg released and it still sold less than ToV, TLR and Blue Dragon. The PS3 is not the rpg seller you imagine it to be.

Oh man! Zoids: Assualt, Culdcept, Spectral Force 3, and Operation Darkness all sold less than Eternal Sonata! The 360 can't sell JRPGs!

Well Zoids: Assault, Culdcept, Spectral Force 3 and Operation Darkness were all flops. Not just in sales but review-wise also.

My reasion for that was, using some RPG that has outsold a few SRPGs is a terrible point and should never be used.

Oh! I was like why is he comparing a superior SRPG of the likes of Valkyrie Chronicles to these mediocre SRPG's.

mrstickball said:
xlost7 said:
mrstickball said:

Yet Culdcept Saga on 360 scored higher (via GameRankings) than EoJ. Guess it's different strokes for different folks. Either way, CS was great on X360....Despite the strange nature of the game.

I guess your right. I just couldn't get into the game or demo should I say like Eye of Judgement. Main reason was the learning curve was steep and there wasn't a good enough-walkthrough tutorial on the game at all. I just had to drop the sticks when I found out that the game asked you to already have some skill or knowledge of the game's mechanics right off the bat.

I wanted to enjoy this game, I'm not saying its a crap port or a game by any nature. It's just doesn't have any learning curve like how Eye of Judgement or Valkyrie Chronicles did for me.

Alrighty, finely got a handle on the difference between the two. Ogre Battle is kind of a mix between RPG and Real Time Strategy. You have two armies battling each other, with routes that your units can go down, and objectives between you and the boss battle that will end out the stage. You have direct control of the route your characters take and the goal they set out to. This has similarities with TLR, but in TLR you set the characters to a person to fight. The difference is that in any SRPG I can think of, you have enough control over you character's movement that you can send them somewhere even if there is no enemy there while in battle. In Ogre Battle you can send a character to a fort and have them defend it, in Valkyria Chronicles you can send a character to a sandbag line and just have them huddle down behind.

I suppose the real difference is that in SRPG's there are objectives beyond just defeating other characters, that involve controlling where your characters move. I think that Enchanted Arms has aspects like an SRPG, but the fact that you only use your character movement in order to take out enemies makes it akin to those Megaman RPGs with grids, and not a true-blue SRPG, though it has some aspects like it.

Sorry wromg thread. Supposed to be WKC thread