By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - EA, Spore is coming to Steam!!!

shams said:
Yeah - next news, EA buy Steam & Valve... :P

last I heard Disney is looking to buy out EA.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
vlad321 said:
Killergran said:
bouzane said:

Excellent news, now I can look forward to Spore without SecuROM. Hopefully EA's other PC titles find their way onto Steam.

I wouldn't be so sure. GTA IV on steam still has SecuROM. Much to my dismay. T.T

@vlad - what do you mean you don't want to see Steam and Valve get any closer? To what?

To having an EA-Valve merge or anything of the like.

No reason to... unless the owners of Valve suddenly want to retire.

This is very cool.

I probably won't get it, and there aren't many EA games I really care about (except the C&C series maybe), but that means more EA games are on the way hopefully.

Crysis, Crysis Warhead, and this. It's good because EA even has their own digital distribution on their site...glad they acknowledge the better, more popular option.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Took them long enough after 2-3 MILLION copies of Spore were pirated lol

PREDICTIONS:
360 will outsell PS3 YTD for 2008. (CHECK!)
360 will have the best showing at E3 & TGS in 2009
2009 will be another year for the 360 over PS3
End OF 2009 SALES :: 360 - 40M;  PS3 - 30M; Wii - 70M

Mudface said:
Killergran said:
bouzane said:

Excellent news, now I can look forward to Spore without SecuROM. Hopefully EA's other PC titles find their way onto Steam.

I wouldn't be so sure. GTA IV on steam still has SecuROM. Much to my dismay

Yeah, a number of other games have it as well- the Stalker sequel, Sacred, Bioshock and Far cry 2. At least they tell you if there's any stupid 3rd party DRM now on the sales page for the games.

I only noticed that because you said it, but they do. Thanks.

Up until I installed GTA IV I didn't know any games on steam carried DRM software. I'll avoid those in the future.

This is invisible text!

Around the Network
vlad321 said:

This is worrisome, I really don't want to see Valve and Steam getting any closer than they already are. Though it's great that spore will now be on steam as well.

O_o

!?

cool48 said:
vlad321 said:

This is worrisome, I really don't want to see Valve and Steam getting any closer than they already are. Though it's great that spore will now be on steam as well.

O_o

!?

Whoops, no idea what I wass thinking when writing that, fixed now to what I meant.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835