By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Square developer sounds off on which is better: 360 or PS3

hummmm b4 talking he should have fixed the bugs on the last remnant

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Legend11 said:
It seems to me that Square really got burned by Sony's decisions regarding the PS3.

For example I really think FF13 would have released this year had it been an Xbox 360 game from the start. Instead we're looking at incredibly long development times with their PS3 games and have to ask why?

Maybe, but we don't know that.

Well, Square-Enix said publically several times that Sony needed to drop the price of the PS3 and that it was going to adversely affect them.  More needed to be done is what they said after the PS3 was released for $400/$500.

I would say that Sony's decisions /obviously/ hurt them and they've voted with their development.  Put your biggest games multiplatform or on the Wii (FF 13 and DQ 10).  Then develop a lot of side projects for the 360.

Square used to be a Sony company.  Now they're a Microsoft/Nintendo company.

TheBigFatJ said:

Last Remnant developer Hiroshi Takai says:

It's been the team's first time working with Xbox 360 and the Unreal Engine. In both cases the experience has been a positive one. In fact, as we've only just finished work on Last Remnant I don't even know what my next project is going to be at Square Enix. However, I'm very much hoping it'll be for Xbox 360 as it's been a lot easier to work with than PlayStation 3.

i dont think the developer has played or seen last remnant with his eyes open, its a shambles in the technical dept.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
TheBigFatJ said:

Last Remnant developer Hiroshi Takai says:

It's been the team's first time working with Xbox 360 and the Unreal Engine. In both cases the experience has been a positive one. In fact, as we've only just finished work on Last Remnant I don't even know what my next project is going to be at Square Enix. However, I'm very much hoping it'll be for Xbox 360 as it's been a lot easier to work with than PlayStation 3.

i dont think the developer has played or seen last remnant with his eyes open, its a shambles in the technical dept.

That's funny, you don't seem to have played it.  Granted this news is around all the reviews, but you speak as if you have seen it for yourself.  Some people haven't had as much issue, and i'm sure many Japanese will still buy the game regardless.  Some others from this site also say that installing the game helped a lot, and that even without the install the issues were not enough to keep them from enjoying the game.

Legend11 said:
It seems to me that Square really got burned by Sony's decisions regarding the PS3.

For example I really think FF13 would have released this year had it been an Xbox 360 game from the start. Instead we're looking at incredibly long development times with their PS3 games and have to ask why?

Yet they (and you) seem to have no problem with them delaying it even further in NA/PAL for a sim. launch on the 360?  Can we ask why for that, or does it only work for when it benefits your console of choice?

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Around the Network

I'm with skeeuk, just seeing pics from that game were ugh... If ease of use led to that, give me the complicated code that produces a title worth bragging about >_>;; Plus wasn't TLR using the unreal engine? And it was easier on the 360? Duh?

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Besides all that, in my opinion, I agree with the PS3's way of development, if your going to run code, run the shit properly xD The PS3 doesn't "get" sloppy code. Good for it.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

He doesnt say better, he says its easier to develop for. Get it right

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

colonelstubbs said:

Exactly. Title is blatant flambait.

Dallinor said:
colonelstubbs said:

Exactly. Title is blatant flambait.

Pretty much.

But shh!  you don't want to be accused of whining.

>_>