By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why can the Wii sell the same 3 games forever....?

madkiller said:
Louie said:
madkiller said:
Louie said:
madkiller said:

Sorry, but opinions don't make something good or bad. Things are good or bad regardless of what some people think about it. For instance, a movie comes out and tanks so badly that they lost $20 million. However, there are a handful of people that loved that movie. Does that mean that movie is not bad? Nope, it means those people have terrible tastes...

You know... In your example you are the one with the bad taste.

Um, how? The games I really like are all good AND have sold well...

For sure you are! This is like comparing a movie only 5 million people watch to a movie 30 million people watch. In your example you said a movie tanked (= not many people watched it) so it must be a bad movie. That's not true. Gears of War II surely is an awesome game even though only a fraction of the people that bought Brain Training have enjoyed it so far.

Around the Network
madkiller said:
Naum said:
Guess "casuals" see quality when they see it.... unlike some reviewers.

I think it is more like "casuals" wouldn't know quality if it bite them on the ass...

I'm quite sure I know what a quality game is... in the end I'll be one of the first people (at least in Europe) to buy final Fantasy XIII and Resident Evil 5 when they get released.

madkiller said:
Louie said:
madkiller said:
c0rd said:
madkiller said:

The so-called "legs" that Wii games have is only due to the fact the there have been very few releases at all this year. Once again, there is nothing else to buy. The 360 games compete against a dozen or more games in the same genre at the same time. The Wii games have nothing to compete against at all, especially since there have been virtually no 3rd party games worth buying ever for the Wii.

So how are you going to explain... every other Nintendo game that seems to sell forever? These in particular:

1 Nintendogs Nintendo 20.65m
2 New Super Mario Bros. Nintendo 16.84m
3 Pokemon Diamond / Pearl Nintendo 16.65m
4 Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day Nintendo 15.38m
5 Mario Kart DS Nintendo 12.91m
6 Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day Nintendo 12.88m
7 Animal Crossing: Wild World Nintendo 10.05m

"No competition," "No games worth playing" again?

By the way, why do you think they even buy the Wii in the first place, if it has no games?

Well, let's see, those are all DS games and the DS has a huge install base and has been around longer, so I should hope those games can sell a lot over time. However, why anyone would buy Nintendogs is totally beyond me.

Again, this is your opinion. It's okay to have your own opinion of course but 20 million people like Nintendogs and almost 30 million like the Brain Training games. Personally, why anyone would play GTA IV is completely beyond me as well, I absolutely dislike the GTA games. But there are millions of people who are totally into GTA, so what? Those 30 million people who like the Brain Training games probably don't like Gears of War or Halo or Bioshock. Does that make them bad games?

Wii and DS do have some great games besides the few you listed. Now if Gran Turismo and Halo sell so well does that mean there are no great games besides them on their respective system?

Sorry, but opinions don't make something good or bad. Things are good or bad regardless of what some people think about it. For instance, a movie comes out and tanks so badly that they lost $20 million. However, there are a handful of people that loved that movie. Does that mean that movie is not bad? Nope, it means those people have terrible tastes...

Have you played either Wii Music or Animal Crossing? Because you seem so opinionated about them like you've spent few hours playing each of them. Wii Games sell because of the Usarbase and their Quality, bad games wont sell like hotcakes: eg. Alone in the Dark, Ninjabread Man and others.  Just because game does not suit your taste it does not mean that the product is crap, Wii Music is actually loads of fun and i cant see why it does appeal to people more then "OMG HARDCORE" offerings on other consoles. Brain Training can be enjoyed by everyone, when GeoW only by a narrow group of people just because you belong to the other group does not mean you have to be disrespectful to the tastes of others.

Just because you dont like something it does not mean that it's crap, and stating that there are no games on the Wii this year? Why does it sell more software then HD consoles filled with games?  And dont tell me that only few games do sell on that platform, just go through the charts in last few weeks.

Get used to it, every new Wii owner until the end of the generation will be picking up at least one those titles to go with their new Wii

madkiller said:
Louie said:
madkiller said:
c0rd said:
madkiller said:

The so-called "legs" that Wii games have is only due to the fact the there have been very few releases at all this year. Once again, there is nothing else to buy. The 360 games compete against a dozen or more games in the same genre at the same time. The Wii games have nothing to compete against at all, especially since there have been virtually no 3rd party games worth buying ever for the Wii.

So how are you going to explain... every other Nintendo game that seems to sell forever? These in particular:

1 Nintendogs Nintendo 20.65m
2 New Super Mario Bros. Nintendo 16.84m
3 Pokemon Diamond / Pearl Nintendo 16.65m
4 Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day Nintendo 15.38m
5 Mario Kart DS Nintendo 12.91m
6 Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day Nintendo 12.88m
7 Animal Crossing: Wild World Nintendo 10.05m

"No competition," "No games worth playing" again?

By the way, why do you think they even buy the Wii in the first place, if it has no games?

Well, let's see, those are all DS games and the DS has a huge install base and has been around longer, so I should hope those games can sell a lot over time. However, why anyone would buy Nintendogs is totally beyond me.

Again, this is your opinion. It's okay to have your own opinion of course but 20 million people like Nintendogs and almost 30 million like the Brain Training games. Personally, why anyone would play GTA IV is completely beyond me as well, I absolutely dislike the GTA games. But there are millions of people who are totally into GTA, so what? Those 30 million people who like the Brain Training games probably don't like Gears of War or Halo or Bioshock. Does that make them bad games?

Wii and DS do have some great games besides the few you listed. Now if Gran Turismo and Halo sell so well does that mean there are no great games besides them on their respective system?

Sorry, but opinions don't make something good or bad. Things are good or bad regardless of what some people think about it. For instance, a console comes out and tanks so badly that they lost $3.3 billion. However, there are a handful of people that love that console. Does that mean that console is not bad? Nope, it means those people have terrible tastes...

so...the PS3 and 360 garner losses..so they are bad as a fact..thanks for clearing this up

I'm not considering other consoles anymoar

ktnxbye

Around the Network

Because people want to play them, as simple as that, as for why? Good luck finding that, every game developer are probably trying to find the same thing but most have fallen to madkiller kind of dumbshit reasons as for why, and those are on there way to bankruptcy because of it. Good riddance.

Persons without argument hide behind their opinion

I own a Wii, and i have Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros Brawl, Metroid Prime 3 (REALLY AWESOME GAME), Okami, some Gamecube Remakes (Twilight Princess, Resident Evil 4) and some old Gamecube games... That without counting Wiiware and Virtual Console... But guess what: I also own the casual-4 (Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit, Mario Kart Wii) if i, a traditional gamer, bought those 3 games, then imagine all the general public that only got the Wii for Wii Sports, they definetly are gonna try those ones...

Yea true it doesn't matter if nobody buys the game or goes to the movie and it sells nothing. It does not change how good the game or movie is.

Nintendogs is a great game and very well made. Just because it doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean it is bad. I would never go to or buy the movie Sex and the City, but there are millions upon millions that loved it and was super pumped for it. And those same millions most likely hate and think GTA series is horrible. Their number far outnumbers your number, so then who is right. Which game or movie is better.

Neither, they are both good. What you HD people don't seem to ever understand. Be happy for your games, and quit dissing ours. I enjoy playing my Wii games. I have all 3 systems right now, yet there are only 2 games I want to play on the 360 and 0 on the PS3 right now. Fable 2, and Tales of Vespera. Because i don't give a shit about LBP, Gears 2, COD5, Resistance 2, and many others you guys praise does that make me dumb.

madkiller said:
Naum said:
Guess "casuals" see quality when they see it.... unlike some reviewers.

I think it is more like "casuals" wouldn't know quality if it bite them on the ass...

Enough of your shallow interpretations! 'Casuals' are the cause of high sales of GTA and Halo, for example. You seem to think casuals only buy games you don't like. Simplistic grouping of gamers into core and casual is intellectually weak.

Please stop.

I love Wii Music and Animal Crossing. They are both good games. You don't like them (perhaps not even played them), but that does not change the fact that both games are made with care and qualities that you do not appear to recognise. The reason both these games along with the 3 from the OP will continue to sell is because they are all well made.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

yea I hate the thinking that "casuals" are the retards buying all these stupid games and the smart well educated studs are buying the halo gta ect.

Heck out of all my friends I know of maybe 2 that own GTA 3 for PS2. And then I know like 15 kids around age 10 that all own the game. I'm 23 for your information. So when they came out I was like 19-20.

So who really is the hardcore. Are my little sisters friends and my little cousin and friends all the hardcore 10 year olds. And me and my friends are the retards that don't know a good game.